Are vacationers swimming in the ocean?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Golden, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am coming to the RIU Palace on the 18th-23rd......I am stressing a little...is it going to be warm enough to swim in the pools and in the ocean?

What time has it been getting dark lately?

Thanks!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The ocean will be warmer than the pools. Pools can be a little chilly at this time of year.

It's getting dark around 5pm at this time of year.

3. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve is absolutely correct. The ocean will be significantly warmer than the unheated pools. Ocean temperature should be between 78f and 82f in almost all places.

4. Denise

Denise Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I swam in the ocean in November, up until the 19th. It was really nice. The pools were cold, even though we could feel warm water coming in. It was great!

5. bdysrfr57

bdysrfr57 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back yesterday and it was actually very very warm for the last two weeks. Even in the rain it was hot. I was at the Marriott and the pool water was TOO warm, ocean just right. Take aqua sox or tevas though to avoid stubbed toes on submerged rocks :p

6. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Golden I am from yuor area Winchester Virginia, and you will find the water here very warm, Scott is correct the Carribean is a shallow ocean and remains 80 year round, but since it is about 80 degrees out of the water you will find it very comfortable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice