Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun Forum' started by matchandherbetterhalf, May 6, 2019.
Be sure to do a trip report when you make it home in the fall.
Yes @matchandherbetterhalf we know, we know.
Not holding our breaths.
Will try Labor Day with friends if June walls through.
Already had booked for Halloween.
Who knows, might not be over by then either.
Next would be Valentine’s Day.
And, of course, next April all over again!
Friends there now.
Although not full occupancy there are enough folks there.
Report is a freakin’ raging blast if you are with the right people at the right place and at the right time...aka hot tub very late.
Security is more than relaxed or non existent as in the old days.
Friend made it back no problems but we have resheduled our trip now for June 28- July 3. Hopefully we won't have to move any further out. Anyone else planning on being there then ?
Were you still planning to go if the resort hadn't closed today?
No i had changed before I knew it had closed.
I know I should have gotten over it by now, as we cancelled our trip a month ago, but today is the day we were flying to TTR for Sean's big 50th birthday trip, complete with a Master suite.
We are healthy, mortgage-free, and one of the two of us still has a job, so we are better off than many many people, and yes, the loss of a vacation is objectively of very little importance in the midst of a pandemic, BUT we are really REALLY bummed today. Doesn't help that it is supposed to rain here all next week.
Even though I know we are fortunate for our health, we are bummed as well. Should be on our 1st Boobs Cruise right now. I’m torturing myself by checking the perfect Cancun weather each day of what should have been our trip! October is only 6 months away.
I contacted the resort yesterday, and changed our Master suite reservation for next April back to the original reservation booked last May: a Lush Tower room. I couldn't justify the upgrade to the Master suite for next year, as it was a special surprise for Sean's 50th birthday this year. Plus we don't think that Sean will be able to get back to work for months yet due to the nature of his industry (film), so we were feeling guilty about the Master suite splurge! As Canadians, we have to add about 28% to the price for currency exchange. But we at least will have a Lush room. We just can't have as many people over for a Jacuzzi.
Thankfully, by the time we cancelled the April 2020 trip, we had not yet paid the balance for our trip, just the first night and the cost of the upgrade. I asked the resort to refund the Master suite upgrade and just leave the first-night deposit, and was told that to get a refund, there would be a USD$80 "bank fee" applied The people we were travelling booked on referral and had paid for the whole trip, and the resort gave them a flat "no" when they asked for a refund, so it sounds like it depends who you draw when you email them to request a refund.