***april Addicts 2020***

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by matchandherbetterhalf, May 6, 2019.

1. Orpus

Orpus Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 5
    Are you allowed to wear a mask/gloves while periodically changing your quarantine location? Such as - quarantine at home, then quarantine at the grocery store, then quarantine at work, etc.

Of course I’m kidding. And please don’t lecture me about making jokes at a time of international crisis and intrigue. I’ve previously disclosed my struggles with immaturity, so this post should not surprise you.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. kutch

kutch Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    insert lol emoji here

3. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Not much chatter on closing down most air travel, but there was not much chatter on cancelling all K-12 school in IL either. We were in Florida earlier this week and caught the final MLB spring training game, and then had the race we were in Florida to see get cancelled. We did fly back two days early due to fear of getting caught. Who knows what will be going on in another month? I don't anticipate any Europeans at TTR in April.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Krvinr27

Krvinr27 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    We live in North Carolina and the just canceled schools for next 2 weeks and any events with more then 100 people.

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I booked flights this morning to get my 15-year-old home from Madrid, where he is in school and pursuing a soccer career. I am kicking myself that I did not do this sooner, as he has been attending school online for a week already (he lives with his father in Madrid). I've selfishly had my head up my butt, worrying about my Mexican vacation...I am ashamed of myself. I booked him to fly home Tuesday. His return flight is for when he was due to go back to school after the Easter break, but I will keep him here longer if things do not improve drastically in Madrid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  6. MrTandtheMrs

MrTandtheMrs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    Best of luck with everything. I hope your son makes it home to you.

7. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Thank you very much for your kind words. I will worry until Alexander has arrived.

My views have really shifted in the last 24 hours to focus on the safety of my loved ones (my parents and inlaws are all in their 80's) and society in general. Having a child in one of the two European hotspots makes things very real for a parent.

No vacation is worth jeopardizing your own health and that of those around you. Even IF the world's reaction to the virus is overblown, we do not escape the consequences of the dominoes that inevitably fall in rapid succession as a result of the overreaction, whether that is the health system being overwhelmed, or social or economic disarray.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Sally&Harry

Sally&Harry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    We've been in denial for the last week but now really sad to have to postpone our first trip to Temptation. Tina works in the NHS and with so much uncertainty around the situation we can't risk not being here for the kids and older family members. Really gutted to not be able to meet you fabulous April Addicts but we will be back next year, 100%, Temptation is on our bucket list and we still can't wait. In the meantime just leaving this here... JibJab see you all in 2021. Keep safe x

9. MrTandtheMrs

MrTandtheMrs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    I'm very curious, people from this group who are canceling , what future dates are you considering rebooking for?

10. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    For us, it depends on whether the resort will not allow us to rebook for April 2021. I sent an email making the enquiry and I will post once I have a response. We would like to book the "sure thing" for April 2021, and then try to throw a fall trip in there somewhere once we find out Sean's schedule.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice