***april Addicts 2020***

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by matchandherbetterhalf, May 6, 2019.

1. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Yikes! So sorry to hear that some of you have your holidays threatened! :( We are 2 hours north of Seattle, but we are not in an area with many cases. There was one death in a nursing home across town from us, though. Fingers crossed. We are not worried about our own safety as we are not in the high risk group and are both in excellent health.

2. sly_m&m

sly_m&m Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 0
    As of right now we are safe. If the child don't travel they can go to school. But we both work in healthcare we never know what the government will decide.

3. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    Yes exactly. Hopefully it will play out over the next couple of weeks

4. EuroCpl

EuroCpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0
    We are also thinking to cancel or postpone our travel to July maybe.Unfortunately things change hour by hour. We have direct flight from Europe to Cancun but 4 weeks from now who knows what other travel restrictions will be in place. The good thing is that so far Mexico seems to be doing pretty well.
    In any case we are also afraid that the whole atmosphere in TTR will be ruined because of the Covid-19.

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Just looked at my confirmation email from the resort, and I can cancel up to 48 hours prior with no penalty. Within 48 hours or no-show is only a 1-night penalty. Marvelous policy, if it's correct (we are dealing with Mexico, after all). But regardless, if resort does not stick by it, my gold AMEX should help me out if we need to late cancel. For now, we are forging ahead, as we don't have the option of rebooking later this year.

I am not concerned about the atmosphere at TTR being impacted unless there are massive cancellations, such as if the US shuts down all travel. I am not one of the people who dismisses the risk of the virus as just being media hype, but I am going to deal with it by being careful rather than shutting down my life. 90% of the socializing at TTR is outdoors, not in confined spaces. But I understand the difficult position some of you may be in that do not have the kind of cancellation policy I (seem to) have on my booking.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  6. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I paid for my trip on credit card miles, I don’t think any of it is refundable.

To be realistic, given every other scenario we’ve seen like this, we’re in the beginning stages here for North America. We’ll see a big pop in few weeks probably. Then another 4-8 weeks until it dies down. That unfortunately leaves us at a peak in the middle of April.

I’m going to remain optimistic. Hopefully we get a win here soon.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  7. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    The European airlines have been very good, and the hotels too, allowing people to reschedule- If there is a blanket ban on travel, the hotels need to know that at least they have bookings for later in the year. If they close the resort, (all hotels worldwide are looking at this option) obviously you'll get a full refund.
    So many sporting events, concerts etc have been cancelled here. Hopefully tho... we are all travelling to Cancun in April! You never know.

8. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    We're flying direct too, but realistically are Mexico going to allow flights into the country from Spain in four weeks time? We are not confident!

9. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I'm thinking about rescheduling, but I want to see the next two weeks. Is the United States magically better than the rest of the world at this? Fuck yea merica!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. kenobe

kenobe Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 0
    I contacted TTR this morning and my non-refundable booking is good for 1 year if I cancel. I think they are willing to work with us. I sent an email to book@temptationresorts.com and got a reply in a few hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice