April 2013 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by MeagMarie, Jan 7, 2013.

1. MeagMarie

MeagMarie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Looks like the Boobs Cruise is almost booked up. Hammie talked us into so those of you that will be there at that time should def come with us!

2. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    hahah :) Hope I didn't twist your arm! ;P

I can't believe it! Only 28.37 days until Cancun! :) It's going sooo fast!! Not too slow.... but not too fast... just right! Just fast enough for me to get in all of my pre-trip tans and workouts! :)

3. SheldonOklahoma

SheldonOklahoma Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be at the GP for our 9th time for a quickie get away April 6th to 9th, and then again May31 to June 8, and looking at Christmas as well

4. SheldonOklahoma

SheldonOklahoma Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be wearing Oklahoma clothing so anyone just holla at me, sorry I can't wear orange (its an OKLAHOMA thing) lmao

5. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    hahaha.... well I'm VERY easy to spot. lol. Bright white hair, 38H's set free and wild. lol. and I'll most likely be found like this.... (minus the birthday hat since we are going in april instead of march this year)
    [​IMG]

6. MeagMarie

MeagMarie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We are getting closer and closer guys! 25 days!!! Cant wait. Bc I am trying to finish up last minute prep things seem to be flying by.

7. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow see the hrrible reviews on tripadvisor asbout people being sent to the great, their sister reesort, i'll freak if they try that with me...,

8. ScorpioMCN

ScorpioMCN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that blows...

I see those last two reviews on tripadvisor also -
    “NEVER AGAIN! Scammed!”
    “Awful staff - This hotel is a SCAM!!!!!!”

I hate it when hotels overbook their property - this is a practice that HAS TO STOP! and I've heard Golden does this ALL THE TIME. I've stayed in Cancun 13x and other Mexico destinations 8x and fortunately never been bumped to another hotel - knock on wood!

Tigerjohnni - hopefully you're arriving to the hotel early (before Noon) - and you have all your paperwork (itinerary) with you including your hotel confirmation #. I think this is key to not getting bumped - ask for a room IMMEDIATELY when you get there and keep pressing them - don't wait until check-in time (3pm) or later..by then, they could have given them all to others. I think the folks that come unprepared or newbies to Mexico get pushed around ...simply because the management can! Don't be one of those...be firm and don't take any sh*t and you'll probably be fine. Hope this helps. My 2 pesos.

9. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This year I get there a little late unfortunately...plane lands at 2:55pm, so probly wont be at resort till 4pm, but i'm actually gonna call resort a few days ahead of time and confirm reservation etc etc...and i'll have all papers when i get there. i'm hoping the bumping stuff happens more so during feb & march, those really are the busiest travel times! we shall see what happens! I've been to cancun like 5times already and i've never had that happen yet...but i'm getting the feeling that because theres so many hotels in cancun, they use the golden (being an adults only) to get customers for the great resort. i've been to club med, intercontinetal presidente, grand oasis, temptations and now here. I actually wanted to go to playa del carmen and stay at the royal pdc....maybe next year!

10. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Bumping is usually mid to end february until mid to end March.

I've been bumped once.... it was only for 2 days and we liked it so much that we stayed. We got to stay in a nicer hotel and still come to the golden for the day.

The other time they tried to bump us... (my 7 visit) and I just looked and her as was like girl.... you know how many times ive been here. Don't do that to me! I was very nice although instead I'm sure I was beginning to boil. and low and behold.... our room keys were presented to us! :)

It's not the hotel that does this though. It's all of the agents, websites, etc. They overbook on purpose since people have cancellations all the time. Sometimes, not enough people cancel. Believe it or not this happens at other hotels as well. I've even heard of TTR peeps being sent to Desire.

Don't take it out on the front desk staff even if you want to. Of my 7 times there they have NEVER give us are room immediately when we got there. Even if there is a room available, the maids usually haven't cleaned it yet depending on what time you arrive. We usually arrive at noon-ish which is the average check out time.

In april.... it's rare. Don't let it ruin your vacation. Don't even give it a 2nd thought. You're fine! :)

P.s. OMG we only have 23 days!!!! holy crapola!!! :)

Meagan did I read that you guys are arriving on the 6th?

I did the math and I only have like 9 personal days to do all of the $#!t that I need to do before we go! YIKES! I have three tans down. Still would like to get at least 5 more so I don't fry when I get there!

I still have to try a hugeeeee suitcase of clothes on my baby.... pack my stuff.... and see if I can lose 5 more pounds before i go! :) So far I'm down almost 5 : )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice