AppleBees opening in downtown Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancun Fun, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The new building across from Wal-mart in Downtown Cancun is going to be an AppleBees!!! YEAH!!!
    Opening Monday Dec 17th, and will be serving breakfast as well as the usual lunch and dinner. Hubby took this today

[​IMG]

2. Sapphire

Sapphire Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am so happy to hear that it is "AppleBees". It is one of my favourite places to go when I am in the States. :D

3. jimelko

jimelko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    applebee's

That is great for chain rest, food, but i dont understand the Desire people have for that type of food when there are so many local places with excellent food . WhenI was there in sept. we found a good little cafe in mercado 23 ,right across from the cheese place, also the isla contoy rest in mecado 23. Also ate at CLUB SANDWICH CAFE on tulum owned by a Canadien excellent food!!also some little place off Tulum . Among a few other small places ,Including eating in a place down where the fishing boats come and go
    But Applebees serves a niche and provides good food but not for me when in Cancun, same goes for the other chain places in the hotel zone.
    If you know of any small local places I should eat when there in march and again in sept please do tell. I do speak Spanish well having lived in Paraquay and Colombia so that is not a problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    When you've lived here a while then those little home comforts can be pretty special.

Personally, I've never heard of applebee's - I'm waiting for a Harry Ramsden to open up :)

5. jimelko

jimelko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can relate to that after two years in Paraquay , you will enjoy Appelbees in fact I just had their baby back ribs tonite , they were good.

6. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    most importantly does Applebees do proper fried breakfasts with real sausages, decent mushrooms and real bacon (bacon that contains meat)?

What sort of food do they do, never heard of them?

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They're in the same vein as Chili's, TGIFriday's, Bennigan's...

Here's the site with a menu to look through:
    http://www.applebees.com/

8. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What the British call breakfast differs considerably from American, and of course Mexican breakfasts, particularly in what is regarded as bacon. And while I'm very partial to a traditional English fry-up (also known as a heart attack on a plate), I do prefer American style bacon. My wife and I frequently argue this point, as we do with fried tomatoes (AKA tomahtoes).

Neverheless, Sam, for your edification, I present the US Applebees menu. Just click on the link: http://www.rosegroupdining.com/Applebees/menu.asp

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I must be a bad American, I've never eaten at Chili's, TGIFriday's, Bennigan's or Applebee's.

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You like Starbucks, so you get a pass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice