Anyone watch Fox yesterday?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, May 5, 2009.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yesterday I was watching Fox News at lunch time and Shepherd Smith said that the flu started in Cancun!

He just slipped it in there - like "they got it in Cancun" (slight pause) (said quickly) where it is said to have started" then moved swiftly onto another topic - I'm sure I didn't mishear him! What a fool! (maybe I misheard him - did anyone else watch Shep yesterday?)

Makes you want to scream at the screen - that no one here has had it - you liar!!

In fact it started in Wisconsin :) - http://news.uk.msn.com/world/newsweek/article.aspx?cp-documentid=16525244

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You wouldn’t catch me watching the Fox News Channel even if it meant saving my life. They are the lowest, slimiest form of "Journalism" out there. I doubt you heard wrong.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't catch that but I'm sure you heard correctly. Sensationalism is the name of the game at Fox News...or rather Faux News.

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's Rupert Murdoch for you, same guy that owns the lying shit rag otherwise known as The Sun which is better used as toilet paper than reading.

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fox News was the first one the other day to post the new theory that the virus started--not in Mexico but in Southern California and passed over to Mexico. Surprised me!

I watch Fox a lot--like to keep up with what they are saying. I just came back from Wisconsin Dells and they only have CNN in the hotel I stayed at.

6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Again....

I don't understand why someone (Mexico Gov't, Cancun Gov't, hotel owners/companies, tour companies, etc..) doesn't sue the pants off of these "news" outfits for the damages they cause by their false and slanderous reporting...

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jim,

WHAT?!? You were just in Wisconsin Dells? I have a place there! It's only an hour and 15 minutes or so north of me. Wow I am shocked you even know about that place. If I may ask, what brought you to my 'stomping grounds?'

8. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Jim! I PM'ed you instead of continuing my hijacking...

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be careful there Tori, RG and Sam - You liberalism may be showing.

Surely you do not prefer the Communist News Network, more commonly known as CNN.

And Mat, while I did not see the program you mentioned, Smith is more often than not, Spot On, if I might borrow one of your phrases. He was certainly not correct about Cancun but incorrect and misinformation on the Swine Flu thing seems to more of the rule, rather than the exception. Sensationalism at its worst.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice