Anyone used Expedia?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunRedheadgirl, Nov 19, 2007.

1. CancunRedheadgirl

CancunRedheadgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok.. probably a dumb question.. but has anyone ever used Expedia to book to Cancun? They have a rate that is amazing for a package staying at Avalon Grand.. air, hotel, transportation and taxes.. $1450 for 2 of us for 6 nights in January.!!

I have used them for hotels here in the states, but never for Mexico.. just leery about not having a real person here in town to talk to.. just wondered what to do if I get there and have no room.. who do I call?

Anyone have experience with them internationally??

Kathleen

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    normally you have a phone number for expedia that you can call incase things aren't how they should be upon booking! They are a huge website and company, wouldnt imagine you would have any problems! I used them to book 1 night 3 years ago while in cancun, was actually at the regular avalon baccara, not the grand, but had NO issues!!

3. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    January is a typically very good month to travel in terms of prices. I remember this from doing vacation travel years ago. Prices drop right after New year's until February when spring break comes into play.

4. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We used Expedia for a trip to Cancun last year, and didn't have any problems at all. They give you a number to call if you have any problems, but they also had a desk with one of their reps right at the hotel. We stayed at the Gran Melia, but I would assume they do it the same at all of the hotels. I would book with them again if the price was right. :)

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    used expedia for our last trip there no problems at all

6. Denise

Denise Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We used them last year at this time. No problems at all. I think your rate seems kind of high though. Only because, last year, we booked the Marriott Casa Magna for 11 days, 10 nights for a rate of $1950, and some change. That was for 2. You may want to call them, and see if they will do better than the rate you have.

7. CancunRedheadgirl

CancunRedheadgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will do.. thanks for the info! Here we thought that was such a great price!~

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice