Anyone taking their cell phones?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Jan 26, 2007.

1. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best thing to do is bring your phone but only Text message people you tend to get a better rate than actually calling people..

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Telcel"

Check eBay - that's where I got mine - works great!

3. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah thats it ! Thanks for the correction, got a little dislexic for a minute
    [​IMG]

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i could put wanna them sim cards into my phone mmm

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    well for that same 20 dollars, you can call up your existing service and have international added to your plan for that month and use your phone as you normally would! thats what I always do, Id rather have my same number and phone incase someone needs to reach me! Especially friends while in cancun!

6. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    o2's site told me it was like £1.80 per min to call home and £1.36 to recieve.

they can get stuffed with them prices

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And not all sim cards will work in all phones.

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its classed as zone 5 in uk mexico which is most expensive we only can really get it on cheap throughout europe and major countrys like usa,canada and Aus.

http://www.movistar.com.mx/home/index.html i could get a sim from these but would not have any idea how to credit a voucher in spanish lol

9. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmmm I dont know of any Cell phone company that would allow you to switch to an international plan and still allow you Free Nights and Weekends, and calls at the normal rate. Thats what I would consider using my phone as I normally would. If anything they allow you to make calls in Mexico while you are there at a different rate that will far exceed the cost of a cheap throwaway prepaid. Ive used my US Phone in Mexico before, and the rates were ridiculous just for checking voice mails, sending a few texts etc... Its always nice to have someone be able to get in touch with you, thats where the voice mail feauture comes in handy on your US phone and you can just check it on your Mexico prepaid. Being smart with your money is essential when you go to Cancun for a long period of time and the last thing you want to do is come home to the US or wherever your from and have to deal with another high bill

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    KP, verizon does! I used them the past 2 years!! 20 extra then my normal minutes apply, I check my minutes and charges when I return, and thats the deal each year!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice