Anyone Stay At Xcaret??? Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ScubaSteve, Mar 4, 2020.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,145 / 7
    Hello,

So I am looking to book a family vacation, and looking into Xcaret. This place looks sweet, and it includes all the parks.

Wondering if anyone out there ever stayed before, and what is a affordable way to do it. If you look right on their site, it's very expensive.

Also, if you booked via a timeshare thing, I would like to know that. I have a premier membership, and it looks like you can use RCI to book with them, then you pay the AI fee.

Any info or thoughts would be a big help.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Gdllraul

Gdllraul Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0
    I sister was there last year and she said that it is an incredible place, I don’t know about RCI but for regular customers have access to all the parks which are included, they have special restaurant for suites but are plenty of good restaurants and bars all over the resort. Check their website

3. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Are you suggesting staying at Hotel Xcaret? There are pros and cons with doing that. If you do plan to stay at that property you can usually put together a package deal that includes admission tickets, tours and lodging. Otherwise, if you buy your tickets there the cost I believe is about $110 per person for the park, but it's definitely worth the experience. Plus, you may have to wait in line but no big deal. Been to Playa del Carmen multiple times so it's a bit of haul from Cancun and the airport, but worth it. It's actually to the south of Playa del Carmen and basically right off the 307, but not as far as Tulum (thankfully). Plenty of nice places to stay in the PDC area, as well.

4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 2
    We were thinking about taking our two teenage daughters there for Christmas. I thought the parks were included in the hotel booking? It’s pretty speedy over Christmas time. Even with the deals going on now.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,145 / 7
    The more we looked into it, they more we thought we had to go there. Every video we looked at with Max made his eyes light up. We are going mid-July (hopefully) and ended up booking through RCI (using our membership). We didn't trade in any TTR weeks or anything, but just booked a bonus deal for a suite for the week for $289. But then the kicker is you have to pay the AI fee which was like $4600 for 3. Luckily got a deal on airfare cause of all this Corona, and it was like 1200 for 3 direct from Philly. So it's basically like 6K for 7 nights. It's expensive, (especially when you are comparing it to what you spend on TTR) but I don't think that's unrealistic for something that include all those parks, and is so nice. Our 8 year old doesn't give a shit about Disney, those types of rides and characters, and HATES waiting in lines. So when someone is so pumped for snorkeling, going to another country, and guacamole and seafood at every meal, it becomes a pretty easy decision.

Isla 2 years ago :)
    upload_2020-4-17_11-30-4.png

6. AndyLand

AndyLand Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We stayed in the adults only Fuego section last March. It was the most amazing all inclusive resort we have ever been to. The food and facilities are incredible. There is way too much to do including the parks as well as enjoying the resort itself. You can save 25-30% off the lowest published rates if you book with a member referral. You have to sit through a 90 minute membership presentation but it wasn’t too bad and was not high pressure. There are Facebook groups specific for finding members to refer you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice