Anyone recieved a passport from Miami office lately?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MindGlowing, Dec 15, 2006.

1. MindGlowing

MindGlowing Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just applied for mine and turned in my old one from 93. I was told 4 to 6 weeks, just wondering what time frame others have recived theirs in. Was thinking of bumping my dates up to the middle or 3rd week of January but sounds kind of risky now.

2. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    took me 5 weeks from miami

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cant help with the processing times, but it seems pretty risky to move your trip up on the hopes of it showing up on time. If youre going to move your trip up I would recommend having your application expedited. I think you can even have the expedited service added to your application after you have submitted it.

4. coreyjenni

coreyjenni Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Passport

We were told 6-8 weeks. We rec'd ours from the New Orleans office within 6 weeks. You can expedite after the application is submitted if you don't think it's gonna make it in time.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughter screwed around and did not renew hers after many reminders from Dear ol Dad. Then she made a quick decision to study in London this summer. Expedited the order for basically double the price and had it in a week FROM MIAMI.

I took the extra cost out of her inheritance.

6. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

never heard of a negative inheritance.... :lol:

just kidding :wink:

7. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well, yes I have....but...had to poke fun at ya :D

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fun is ok. There was a time in my life when it would have been negative. LOL! Much better shape now. Allah Akbar!

9. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We applied for ours in New Mexico in early November, (we were told 6-8 weeks too) and got them exactly 4 weeks to the day. BUT...the wife's passport came back with her name spelled wrong, and a big ugly spot on the picture. So, no I would not move up a travel date till I had it in hand, because it seems like it's a struggle for them to even get them right, and not mess up the photo. Thank god we don't have a travel date in mind yet. We're just trying to get ahead of the game because of all the new requirements. I'm hoping they don't take a full 8 weeks to fix their mistakes... Darn Fed Employees! :evil:

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Matt,

I hope she does not have a big ugly spot in real life. You better check amigo. LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice