Anyone recently Nationalized a foreign plated vehicle?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by JeffandShannan, Apr 13, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Try it again, T.J., you may have confused what happened when you used the other link with what might happen if you use this one.

I put in my neighbors car, a Hyundai, and got the message that the car was not eligible for nationalization, just as you would expect. The message came instantly and was computer generated. I'd expect to see a computer generated amount of customs duties if I put in a NAFTA VIN, and the car was one of the year models eligible for nationalization.

I'll find a foreign plated car and try it myself if no one else does.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    JeffandShannon, how did that all work out?

Many have found the cost of nationalization prohibitive in light of the low market value of their older car. Selling the existing TIPs car, and replacing it with a used car which is already licensed here would seem to me to be a good option, in such a situation. If the used car had had its tenencias paid through 2011, it would be exempt from further taxation, under current law.

3. agconrad

agconrad Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am also very interested in what JeffandShannon found out. Looking to do the same with my 04 Suburban as I have had multiple offers on it already for way more than what I have in it...

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    One of the problems with forums is that those who start threads frequently walk away from them without ever "closing the loop", as was the case here.

Another, recent example was that of Limejello, who went to pains to investigate the ins and outs of applying for residency based on family ties, then never told us how it turned out for her....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice