Anyone know or heard of this?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Marty46r, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Marty46r

Marty46r Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently read on Trip Advisor that some people were charged extra upon check in because the front desk at Temptation said that the internet sites where they booked their vacations did not charge enough. I've never heard of such a thing. Anybody?Thanks.

2. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    It's not happened to us, but we've only been once. We're headed there Thursday though and will report any problems in our TR.

3. jamestoronto

jamestoronto Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    never hear of it

I have been before when it was BBG many times and didnt have this experience.....knock on wood....if it does happen save reciepts and ask that they specify reason and take it up with your travel agent upon return......hey paulanddarcy....we havent met but landing sunday night may get to meet you ......save me a cold on

4. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I noticed when I was searching for the best deal that several sites were not clear about the ladies 2 for 1 deal. I looked at TTR website and they were clear that you would be charges extra (full rate) if a male checked in. Sounds like what happened on the trip advisor report.

5. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought extra charges only applied to members.

6. Ian&amanda

Ian&amanda Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fees

we have booked through expedia for our room and it makes a note that we will be expected to pay a resort fee of $3.00 per room per night either when checking in or out

7. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it applies to the ladies only rate. It says if you check in as a couple (male & female) they will charge you the rate for that. When they were advertized I dont think they were clear that it was for ladies only !!

8. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It could be a number of things.

There's three rates that wholesalers have...

North American - Which is the most expensive wholesale rate category

International:
    Slightly cheaper than North American and is intended for non-geographical sales points - like the internet.

European - Which is adjusted to be least expensive to compensate for the airfare which must be incurred by European guests.

Understand, I'm not saying that the international pricing category means that the package will be cheaper to the guest...we're talking WHOLESALE rates - the rates the hotel gives the reseller. The vendor can - and will mark it up accordingly. So, even though an International rate may be cheaper wholesale, web providers can mark them up with a higher margin if they choose. They simply cant (but sometimes do) go below the bottom line.

Sometimes what happens is the Travel Company will provide rates to potential North American or International (if they're coming thru the web) guests based on say, the European rate (which is the cheapest). It's a rare occurrence, but when it does happen, it requires a rate adjustment, and for some reason the guest pays this...and the guest has to fight with their provider to re-coup their money.

That's a shot in the dark on what might have happened... or it could be the 2 x 1 women special. If that was sent out to providers, it could have gotten lost the specifics somewhere with the provider.

We're certainly not calling it sexist (four boobs are way better than two), but can you imagine a Canadian or American hotel offering that without getting in trouble!? haha

9. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Re: never hear of it

We'll look for you at the sexy pool. Just look for the not so good looking guy with the redhead in the tiny red suit :)

10. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Like the mole said if they try to charge you more, fight for the rate you got! And avoid the breakfast tour! Terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice