Anyone Know Banamex' SWIFT Code?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by davisod, Jun 11, 2013.

1. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've sent a wire transfer using Western Union to my Banamex account (Tulum Ave. the big one by the Palacio Municipal), but it is stuck in limbo. W.U. says I need a SWIFT to complete the transaction. Anyone Know Banamex' SWIFT Code? I emailed Banamex to no avail (en ingles).

2. PatoPan

PatoPan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure how Mexico uses the SWIFT codes, I always had trouble trying to get that from the bank as well. However, with the CLABE number (the 18 digit number that comes with the account) the transfer always seemed to go through no problem, so I guess it is included in there somewhere.

According to wiki:

The 18 digits of the CLABE follows this structure:

• 3 Digits: Bank Code
    • 3 Digits: Branch Office Code
    • 11 Digits: Account Number
    • 1 Digit : Control Digit

3. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is supposedly the swift code for all Banamex in Mexico, but I don't use Banamex, so I can't confirm it.

BNMXMXMM

You may need a 3 letter code after it, for the branch office. Seems like yur account number should be enough, maybe.

4. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just tried this - and W.U. says it seems to be working, but they are not sure if it will deposit to my account without the last 3 letters. In 2-4 days, we will know. As for the CLABE, I did give that. With all the account numbers, and now a SWIFT Code - of sorts, I'm hopeful. Thanks!!

5. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Western Union money got deposited today into my Banamex account.......woot, woot!!!

Thanks Tristan for the Banamex SWIFT Code!!

6. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats! I know what a relief this kind of thing is. I lost my debit card once, here in Cun, which is the only way I have to access my money in the states, and it takes 30 days to get the replacement all the way down here. Plus, I hardly keep any money in my Banorte account, so I was screwed. That's when I set up my Paypal transfer system and managed to survive till my card got here. Isn't WU quite expensive?

7. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I may have prematurely ejaculated my woot-woots: the email from WU says my money was SENT, not that it was deposited. That may take up to 5 days it says, or maybe never - if I need 3 more letters for the SWIFT Code.

8. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought that seemed really too fast to be true.

9. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I found something: XXX is for the Main Branch and all other branches not listed - and the only ones listed are Leon, Monterrey, Guadalajara, and Puebla.

Any thoughts, Tristan?

10. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds reasonable, but I really think your transfer should be able to complete with the info you gave, since your account number is good when you make deposits at any Banamex. The money doesn't really have to go to your branch to get deposited.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice