ANYONE KNOW ABOUT BOTTLES OF BOOZE ON PLANES

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CRAZYMIKE, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although this may appear to be a little off-topic, keep in mind that any single piece of checked luggage cannot weigh more than 50 pounds (without incurring a min $25 penalty) - and booze weighs a LOT.

Also, I don't know exactly how this happens in the cargo area of a plane, but many times I find that liquid containers I pack in my luggage leak during the flight, even if they've been very well closed, so it's best to put any/all containers carrying liquid into sealable baggies before packing them in your luggage.

2. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dam Girl 85 in total.. WOW... We thought 17 times was alot..
    But we know all your trips are worth it :wink:

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh yes...they most definitely are!!! :wink: :lotsoflove:

4. Mary Kay

Mary Kay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone tried the jumbo Zip Lock baggies yet? like - they're huge- I need to find out where to buy some - so I can think about bringing some with me ---

also - I need to get a few of the gallon ones - for the stuff I'd like to bring to the housekeepers.............

and - speaking of that- what size generally would I get in a tee shirt for a bar tender? none were overly big guys.........

thanks!

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most would wear a medium unless it is a very small medium. Then a large.

6. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An amendment for Canadians:

If you have a connecting flight within Canada, you can carry your booze on as long as you don't have to check back through security. If you must go through security, then you will have to check your bottles.

Whenever you fly with liquids that aren't in a pressure sealed container, such as anything with a screw top or pressure cap, it's always best to pack them in a zip lock.

7. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    We have always carried it on but, I thought with the new rules we couldn't. We do have a direct flight from Edmonton to cancun. Only have to clear security once.

8. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D You can find the large zip lock bags at Rit-ades, Super-markets, Dollar stores.

We use them all trip..

9. Mary Kay

Mary Kay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mike - are they the jumbo jumbo ones? like the size that would hold a small pillow?

I'll have to start checking around - I like to have everything done and ready way ahead!

I grab stuff that I know I need- and toss it in my suitcase now - then when I get ready to pack - about a week prior- and then I get everything set......... cuts down on the last minute stresses- I love it! Everyone laughs at me for being so up on stuff like that!!

Oh well!!

Thanks!!

10. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not odd at all, We do the same .. We leave in 2weeks and we are most done..

And yes they are the gallon bags...

Party Party BBG style

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice