Anyone heard of this?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Fletch, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chaz was telling me a few days ago theres some kind of underground river that goes through a bunch of underground caves and stuff like that, and it def. sounded like something I'd like to do, but I dont know where to look for information. Anyone know anything about this? Would be cool for one of our day trips to do

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    saw this when it was first discovered, well, saw it on tv I should say! The underground river goes for 95 miles..... not exactly something I would want to take on in a day....unless you have a LOT of time to waste.....but very cool nevertheless, longest underground river in the world!!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070305-cave-river.html

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The cenotes are fun. My boyfriend and I went to Ik Kil over by Chichen Itza. I don't know of any underground rivers though. :(

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just remembered something Fletch. Xcaret has an underground river innertube ride. I have not done it myself, but I have heard that it's pretty good. That might be what you're thinking of.

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I'm looking into Xcaret, and it doesnt give exact prices for each thing to do. It just gives one full price for admission to the park itself. Does this cover everything? If so its a steal and a half!

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went on down a river at Xcaret in 2005, and it was cool.. We didn't tube it though, we floated it. You go through some caves and stuff. Along your float, they have some little rituals they put on at certain times during the day....

I really enjoyed Xcaret, and they have some of the most wonderful views i've seen in my life. The ticket price included the river. They only thing I paid extra for was Swimming with Dolphins....

8. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounds good Greta thanks!! Were def. going to be going to do this....anyone else wanna go!?

9. cindyb

cindyb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes this sounds awesome im down!!!!!!!!! :D

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    my oh my how you love to go down! :lol: :bash:

Im taking the shovel to london with me!!! And the shovel will love it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice