Anyone have a few minutes

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Geo, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Geo

Geo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I am tring to contact someone who lives in Cancun and I have there cell phone number but I have not been able to get thru for the last 2 days. I get a message that sounds like "the service is interrupted and to try later" but I am not sure as my Spanish s**ks. So I was wondering if someone who lives there could call the number and either let me know what exactly the message says or if the person answers foward a message to call me here in the states.

I will be in Cancun next week and if you do this for me not only will I give you the money it cost for the phone call but i will buy you lunch and a beer.

PM me for the persons name and cell phone number.

Thanks, George

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    George, if you haven't called there since last fall, this may help.
    The Country Code for cell phones in Cancun is not 52. It's 521.
    So, from the US you have to dial 011, 521, then the area code (3 digits, 998 for Cancun) and phone number (seven digits).

3. Geo

Geo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Naoautorizada, I have all the correct prefixes and have just talked to this person less than a month ago. It is kinda of urgent I contact them soon.

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay.
    Then call Telcel and ask them what's wrong with their $%%(*^ phone line.
    You can reach them at 1-888-350-4035 (US telephone number)
    Start with "que habla Inglis?" and when someone comes to the phone you can do the rest in English.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This happens all the time, I don't know the deal but people always seem to have trouble calling cell phones here from outside the country.

If you want me to send the person a text message from my cell I would be happy to do that. But make it direct, I don't want to get in the middle of a big thing, I'm too busy this week...

6. Geo

Geo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all your help problem solved.

7. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GREAT, GOOD LUCK

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice