Anyone going to the GP Aug 21-26

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by mjkay, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mjkay

mjkay Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried looking on the August Roll call but some of the people listed on there are going to TTR. Group of (4) "forty something" guys heading to the Golden August 21-26 for the first time. Just wondering if anybody else was going during the same time and if anyone had any advice for some first timers. Thanks .

2. Popatop

Popatop Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Take an insulated mug. 20-32 oz works well and you don't have to make countless trips for refills.
    If you want to dine at Shanga-la, bring slacks, collared shirt and closed to shoes. Sunscreen is $30 at resort, so bring some.
    I hate the oatmeal flakes in the soap, so I bring my own bath soap.
    If you prefer a specific liquor, you may want to pack a bottle from home. Premium brands are not prevalent in the bars.
    For tips, small bills (1's & 5's) with not markings or tears. They cannot convert torn bills in Mexico.
    About anything else you could want is available within walking distance or a short bus ride.
    You can expect many others your ages and most everyone is happy to chat. When you return for the 2nd time, and you will, you will meet some of the same folks.
    There is a very slim chance we will be there Aug 18-25. Still not sure. Oct for sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice