Anyone From The Uk Got Plans To Visit Soon?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mkog91, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Hearing that Mexico is now on Red List, that sucks. My trip is like, 3 months away, but still....I'm wondering now what will happen. The airlines will likely just cancel flights if it's red status. If my flight gets cancelled, there's nothing I can do but accept yet another voucher to use on a future flight. Hotel-wise I lose the 1-day that's already been paid as the deposit. I get that COVID-19 is bad, but personally, I feel like it's something the world now has to get used to. Shutting everything down for what is now years, I don't think it's helping. It's not helping to prevent the spread. It's going to spread regardless of all these restrictions.

2. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 1

3. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    We travel late January, hopefully everything clear by then

4. Jungle_VIP

Jungle_VIP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I went in late June and very glad I did based on this news!

5. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Right....everyone cross your fingers and toes...there's rumours Mexico is coming off the Red List tomorrow. PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE! Been holding out cancelling our booking on the off-chance we're good to go end of October. Hoping tomorrow's review has some good news for us. This is quite literally the latest I've left packing/planning for a trip. I quit all planning when Mexico was deemed no-go in early August.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Unfortunately Mexico remains on the UK Red List. Next review in 3 weeks.

This despite other countries with much lower vaccination rates being moved off the red list such as Pakistan, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Turkey.

I wonder why?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    Hi guys, We're travelling from Spain, but we cant figure out if we need a PCR test or not. From the UK, yes, from Europe, no, we think. Did any of the recent UK travellers need a test? Any issues in the airport? This is confusing. Aero Mexico not filling us with confidence. thanks

8. Alana & Malc

Alana & Malc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 0
    We went TTR from Uk in July / August -Mexico had no requirements for testing to enter the country.
    We had to have an antigen test just before flying home which is a UK entry requirement (did this at the hotel)
    I read something yesterday on the UK government website that stated Mexico still have no entry Covid testing requirements for people coming from any country.
    Not sure if you have any testing requirements when you return to Spain, but believe your ok on your outward trip.
    Have a great holiday

• List
  9. Alana & Malc

Alana & Malc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 0
    Steve, we were saying the same thing today. We are currently on a Butlins adult 80s weekend in the UK, the place is packed with no Covid measures required (ie full capacity, no mask, no social distancing). UK still got one of the highest infection rates in the world. Dont get me wrong, its great that things are actually getting near normal in the UK - but it does make you question why we can come to a packed event like this bit we cant fly to Mexico to spend a week in a 4/5 star hotel resort.
    As you know we were at TTR when UK put Mexico on the red list, which cost a small fortune to get home a day earlier via BA. But I can honestly say we felt safer in TTR than we do going in a motorway service Station or bar in the UK currently.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Mexico doesn't require anything, you just need to find out what your home country's requirements are for your return.

• List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice