Anyone found anything like Temptations elsewhere?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by PaulAndDarcy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Is there anyone that has found somewhere that is similar in mood/atmosphere to Temptations anywhere else in Mexico? How about Jamaica, Aruba, Bahamas?

I can't seem to find anywhere else that fills the gap between "stuffy" adults-only and the more wild Clothing Optional/Swinger places.

Paul

2. rrrrandy

rrrrandy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Paul & Darcy good Question We have been to Jamaica Grand lido ,Blue bay dominica sandales Melia Cuba ,Hedo is not what we want. we like fun
    but some go over the top. I,ve not found a place like Temptation but I think it was due to the entt staff which is gone. I think Temtation is trying to chance from a fratt party mantality which is what most of us love to couples that just want a Quiet getaway. just my opinion

3. dannoman

dannoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Paul,
    I was wondering the same thing. Sure would be nice to find a place like Temptations on some of the Carib islands. I can tell you for sure that there is nothing remotely close on the island of Aruba.....but the beaches are second to none. We love it there, but seek something a little crazier on our next getaway. Not sure if Orient Beach on St Maarten would compare or not. Hard to believe nobody else has capitalized on the niche that the old BBG captured so well.

Steve....you listening? :cool:

Danno

4. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't heard anything specific about the Orient beach but I have heard St. Maarten isnt the safest place to go on vacation. (of course anywhere you need to be careful but I dont think it is a place I want to go...)

danno...you thinking Steve should open his own place?

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sure am, only wish I had the means. Maybe we just need 50 people to put in $100,000 each for a "class action hotel build". I'd be in!

I know some great staff looking for a job too.

6. Tempt me

Tempt me Enthusiast Registered Member

Between St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville & Indy
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't joke about opening a new "BBG" unless your serious. With the number of people who swear by/live by "BBG" for a vacation, I do not think capital is the primary issue for moving/restarting BBG.

Ownership in Mexico by Americans is an issue, but from what I understand, that issue is fairly easy to resolve today with trusts, etc.

Location is an issue, but I know that about a 1/4 mile west of TEMPTATIONS is/was an abandoned "shell" where the property could be "picked up" (and, in the past, I have checked on the price of that property) fairly reasonable. Additionally, I think Club Verno Beat (adjacent to and west of BBG -- we need to maintain a Port of Call for the Booooooze cruise) could be bought for a reasonable price (the Club is actually a fairly decent hotel for the money), unless Club's owners have gotten wind of the turmoil at Temptations (remember, we only need a hotel big enough for "us:"); finally, (and I am not necessarly a "beach" person per se) but the beach a BBG sucks, therefore we do not have to "relocate" at the north end of the "7" -- move to the Isle, move south, move over to the inland waters, cut a deal with another hotel, move ????? (just PLEASE maintain jet service into Cancun/Cozmel/???? from St. Louis/Nashville).

With the current financial turmoil in the US and abroad, I have no doubt that a new "BBG" could be established by investors looking for a place to "park their money" AND HAVE FUN. Within the last two (2) years I have closed several million dollars worth of real estate transactions in my immediate area for "individuals" who have pulled their money out of the stock market to buy property JUST to go deer hunting on. So, as far as I am concerned, if Tempations wants to abandon BBG'ers, then so be it!

I do not post very often but this appears to be getting to a situation in which BBG'ers need to speak up and let Temptations know that we have sufficient numbers, sufficient capital and sufficient determination to save OUR place; and, that we are not going to tolerate their BS any longer! We will move, we will take our :D :shock: :cool: :lol: :p :evil:, our money, our euros, our pesos and our ?????? elsewhere.

If anybody else supports, and believes, that WE can do without, and do better than, what Temptations and its current (mis)management is apparently willing to give us, then please speak up.

Thank you for letting me vent about how I feel about this BS and I hope this post draws 100000000000000000s of responses/replies because I would really hate to lose the best vacation spot, pre, during and post college because a few idiot knuckleheads who are only looking at what they preceive to be the bottom line.

BBG is OURS and if enough of us are willing to confront them, both confrontationally and economically$$$$, we can keep our resort (and get our entertainment staff back).

7. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you Build it I for one will be there!!!!!

Great Idea....We can probally even convince some of our favorite bar tenders to jump ship and Join us....Just on request...No timeshare people!!! we have all seen how that work outs :cry:

8. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    From past experience I can tell you that timing is everything and the timing on something like this may be ideal. My clients that have made the most money over the years have made it on real estate and something like this may be viable. It all depends on how much money is involved to start up and how much working capital is necessary to maintain the viability of the operation. This is not a Premier membership at $20,000, but some very serious $$$ that would have to be raised. Can it be done? Absolutely! The difficulty is not just obtaining enough capital to buy but also enough to run it and someone with experience to operate it.

9. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    maybe chinos and lalo could handle the entertainment :cool:

but not that sob omar :shock:

...............my wife is too deeply in love with him :roll:

10. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob...jealous much! :p :lol:

I will be there too... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice