Anyone Ever Book trip Thru Expedia, Orbitz, etc.?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Vegas Melissa, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Vegas Melissa

Vegas Melissa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im trying to get things booked, however with us staying at the Westin Lagunamar - it is a timeshare resort so we can't book through our normal tour company - GO GO. I could book thru the Starwood website but found if we book a flight/hotel package on Expedia or Orbitz it's even cheaper. Now, I've never had a problem booking my flights on those websites but have never booked a hotel out of the country before (on those sites).

So I'm just curious if anyone has done it before and was there any issues with the reservation when you arrived, etc.? It looks like I could save about $200 if I booked this way.

Any feedback would be great!

2. maximus

maximus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is going to be my second time booking my vacation through Travelocity I have found the website user friendly and decent prices, last time did not have any problems checking in and they even pick you up and drop you off from air port with no issues. I reccommend it.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always use Worry-Free and have never had a problem in 8 years. Cant believe that those other sites are any different.

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have used both Expedia and Orbitz in the past with no problems at all. I actually had more issues with regular travel agents booking rooms for me in the past vs. the on line companies. Note I have used both in Mexico before, all over Europe when I could not find good deals otherwise and the same for some parts of the Carribean.

5. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    always book with expedia when ever we travel and have never had a problem.

6. markgrecs

markgrecs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello

Bookit.com

7. fabillard

fabillard Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the only thing i can say about orbitz is call the hotel and make sure you have confirmed a reservation there. ive heard people having problems when they get there. i checked mine today thru orbitz and the front desk at the grand oasis cancun said they dont have my reservation and to call back tomorrow and talk to reservation dept. im guessing its the hotels fault if theres a problem but just beware. im kind of ticked off as i booked in january for ap 10-17 and now theres not rooms available for that whole week.

8. coaltal

coaltal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    expedia/orbitz

I had a problem with Obitz once. I booked my flight and hotel last minute. The flight portion was fine, but they didn't have my reservation when I arrived. I had to put down a $100 for the room until they could get it cleared up the next day. ( They're reservation person had left for the day) It was worked out the next day and my money was returned.

9. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have booked 8 Cancun/Riveria Maya trips with Expedia and have never had any problems. It is hard to beat their rates.

10. fabillard

fabillard Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    coaltal, thats what i was fearing so i chatted online with orbitz on sunday, and they called the hotel and the front desk said i didnt have a reservation. they said for orbitz to call on monday and talk to the resv dept. i specifically told them to talk to the resv dept and have the hotel send me something verifying it. well obitz just talked to the front desk again and not resv dept but got a hotel room confirmation number. they also said the hotel wont send anything and to just use the number. i dont get it. for peace of mind, if a customer is asking for something so simple why wouldnt they just send something. reason im being so concerned is ive heard people getting moved to another hotel even with all the documents. i have 5 groups of people going and dont want any snafus. ive even emailed 4 times and they dont respond.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice