Anyone else annoyed by this "news" report??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Susan in Cancun, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Love the way they intersperse footage of Cancun with shootouts and dead bodies 1500 miles away.

Thankfully, most spring breakers are wise to it. Getting reports back in from the SB forum of people who just got back and they all loved it, no problems at all for them.

I noticed there was a reporter from USA Today posting in the main forum yesterday asking for recent spring breakers to contact him. I know a few did, hopefully will bring some balance.... if he delivers a truthful article.

3. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, he asked if I was concerned about the violence, and I said that most of it was at the border so I wasn't very concerned.

4. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am confused. I go to the beaches everyday (I do photography and get some nice shots of the waves and water) I would post one if I knew how here, (Steve help me out.) Anyway I have 3 girls in thier 20's and feel it a safe place to come.
    This is nothing more than American media trying to BS people. I go to the Hotel Zone all the time and NEVER have I a seen a crowd like this. Cancun has many families and not very many tourists (Unfortunatley) right now.
    You can't always believe the press, otherwise you would never leave your house.[/img]

6. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree. I told the guy for 10 mins about how the drug wars were at the border 1200 miles away, that the State Department said that Cancun is safe, that my friends just got back a week or so ago.. and that's how he quotes me.

And when I put a rebuttal in the comments section, all of a sudden, it is off the front page of the website. It is still in page 9 of the print edition though -- my boyfriend's dad found it

7. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here maybe wwe post dead bodies in Nes York, chicago, LA or even Denver.
    C'mon this is all News hype looking for a story. Hell it's been 2 years since Anna Nichol Smiths death but we are STILL hearing about it.
    Yes there are drugs coming thourgh here. Don't buy them or do them and you have no problems. It might even help people like Steve and myself feel safer on the streets or in our homes.
    There are a few things to remember when you travel here. 1. DON'T BREAK THE LAW, If you are coming here to get stoned, don't. and the other is DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!.
    As I have said and will continue to say "This is not Tijuana", which is much like saying "Savvanha GA is not NYC"
    I have lived here for 7 years and no problems (Except the "Car thing") but then again that was in the parking lot of the American Hospital.
    as I have said in the past "I would rather walk dow the streets of Cancun at 2:00am than those of Clevland, Miami, or any ohter city.
    Let's not make a "Big thing" of this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice