Anyone book with Groupon? Difference in rooms?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ghost37, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Ghost37

Ghost37 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Hello everyone!
    Excited to be booking another all inclusive vacation to Cancun! My gf and I went to Grand Oasis Sens last year and had a great time despite the A/C working very poorly making it hard to sleep. Very excited to try Temptation this time as I hear it is much better than GOS according to most people.

So I'm seeeing on Groupon (rates for 2 people)
    $229/night Garden View Room
    $252/night Ocean View
    $261/night Bash Tower Ocean View
    Are these rates the best available?
    Is the bash tower worth upgrading to? I couldn't find a lot of info on what the Bash Tower really was

Also a few misc questions I'm hoping someone can answer.
    1. What are the daytime activities like? I enjoyed the different games at GOS and I'm hoping that Temptation has similar daytime activities that I can participate in.
    2. Anyone know what the additional guest fee is per person?
    3. Anyone know the room service prices? Website just lists additional fee for it.

Thanks!

2. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Make sure that rate includes the all inclusive fee for food and drinks as well... When we originally booked our trip thru a travel agent, we thought we had a good rate and turns out that the all inclusive rate charge was not included and that was like 180.00 a day for a couple.

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Those rates are great. Never seen TTR offered via Groupon before.

But here are the things I would watch out for...
    Any fine print about having to attend a timeshare presentation in order to get the rate? There have been reduced rates in the past w that condition.
    When you say ‘anyone know what the additional guest fee is per person’ I have rarely seen fees thrown on top of a TTR reservation. It is all inclusive. BUT if your Groupon booking says there is an extra all inclusive fee then no one would want to take on that risk without it clearly stated what the fee is. I find Groupon is usually very clear with costs so would be surprised there would be any extra AI fee.

4. GandN

GandN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    We used Groupon for our upcoming stay. They have a FAQ on the site

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-temptation-cancun-resort-2

They have a FAQ on the site
    It says that you are not required to attend timeshare presentations and that the rate includes 2 people. It doesn't say anything about additional fees for the all inclusive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    I would upgrade to the bash tower for $30 extra per night. You would basically be in the back of the new tower section. The rooms are bigger and depending on what floor you are on you may have an awesome view. Plus you would also get access to the sky bar with a tower room.

Daytime activities are sexy and fun contests.

Not sure about the additional guest fee

I believe if you are in the tower than room service is free but if not it is only five dollars.

Hope that helps!!

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,167 / 7
    Looks like you can only book this groupon a couple of months out. Which is fine with me, and I am hoping it is still available in 2019. This would allow me to stay in the tower less than my tower rate. Which yes I could get my panties in a bunch, but I get it, it's a sale. It also could be this super low rate because it is for a Sept time frame, which has always been the lowest time of the year pricing wise.

I just wondering if I would still get my member bracelet, if I book another way. maybe they just detract those nights from my contract. Which again would be fine by me, I am sure over the 25 years I wasn't going to be able to use 2 weeks a year, every year.

7. jaui

jaui Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    + taxes

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    My understanding is:
    Yes you still get the black bracelet, just because you booked outside of your contract it doesn't stop you being a member - your membership lasts 25 years. No, they wouldn't detract the nights - you're not using them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The Groupon FAQ is out of date, it still refers to the pre-reno restaurants.

Those are great prices, pretty sure there are no hidden costs (tax included too).

$5 per order for non-members, free for members

10. PugLifeNJ

PugLifeNJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I just booked through Groupon for 3 nights. 09/10/2018-09/13/2018. Bash tower room $781.62 + 171.96 taxes and fees = $953.58 total. Pretty good I guess?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice