any updates on AI hotels

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by faulkster, Jan 15, 2007.

1. faulkster

faulkster Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me, my wife and 2 other couples are going to cancun in May. My last visit was before the big storm and we stayed at the Sun Palace. Any ideas on where we should stay. I hear the Cancun Palace is still under construction. If I stay I would want it to be 100% complete. Any updates or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check out the Rius, 100% up and running and very popular AI's. Riu Palace Las Americas would be top of the line, then Riu Cancun and Riu Caribe. If you want adults only, check out the Golden Parnassus or Le Blanc. Barcelo Tucancun has it's fan club, not 5 star but definitely a nice place. Avoid the Oasis hotels, very, very bad reports out of there.

Happy planning!

3. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm with Canuck, I do send a lot of people to the Oasis properties but they're generally under 25 and just want to go and get sloshed in the sun!

I also recommend the Rius, the BBG of course...

4. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any RIU's on the caribbean side?
    I know the RIU palace is not, and isnt the RIU caribe a former resort on the bay side?
    Also looking for AI possibilites even though we are booked at the Tucancun.

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well if you were at the Sun Palace. Which is a good rated hotel I would look into the Riu chains like Cancuck said. Even the Golden Crown paradise, Le Blanc even..

6. faulkster

faulkster Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    which Riu, the Riu Cancun or Las Americas. Which one has the best ocean view rooms? After looking at the locations this is the area I want to be in. I have also decided that one of the RIU's is where we will go, just dont know which one to pick.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can vouch for the RIU franchise as well. I have been multiple times to the RIU Cancun and this March I will be at the RIU Caribe. All are on the Caribbean side and the service is incredible.

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Riu Palace Las Americas and Riu Cancun are located near the bend in the seven but on the north side. Riu Caribe is on the top side as well, closer to downtown. I really like the beach at the Caribe, calm waters and a big stretch of sand. Though the north side is usually quite calm, I was on the beach behind the Riu Cancun and there were some good sized waves a few weeks ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice