ANY TAKERS...?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by shauny, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock: :shock: what!! never been camping... you don't know what your missing.

I'd luv to do the whole backpacking thing... almost did a few years back. Wish i would of went now.
    Your gonna have a blast shaun :D

2. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    One of my best friends lives part time in Thailand. Boy could she show you some sights. :D

3. Gixxer

Gixxer Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will you be there Olympic time?? China is hosting the 2008 Olympics Beijing but I think events are held all over the nation :D

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hmm.

6. rice

rice I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes theres some competition will be host in shanghai as well, but i'm not really a big fan on those competition besides women gymnastic and men swimming competition~~ but majority of time i will be traveling to different parts of china, like buddha mountain, and i want to go to tibet, really depends on mother's health.

i thought the olympic starts at august.. i'm only going to china for a month. my parents will be staying there until december of 2008, they want to see the closing ceremony for the olympic, i'm asking a friend in beijing to get me the advance ticket first.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What? I am serious,.,,

8. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like me, boys at work laugh at me and reckon I've never been more then 2 hours away from the city, I think they'd be almost right except for maybe when I've driven between the cities here.

9. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

If you can that would definitely be fun!

10. rice

rice I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    but going to china around august will be extremely expensive, everything will go up, if per meal cost you 200 rmb which equals to i think currently the exchange currency for rmb to dollars is 1 us dollar equals to 7 rmb, so that means 28.57 per meal when in off season. during the olympic time, the cost of the average meal in a very average restaurant will be double the price and not including beverages. and western food cost much higher than a regular 200 rmb, if you want to have lasgna in a tgif chain restaurant it cost 300 rmb just to have a lasgna.. i wont recommending u guys to eat other different cuisines because yes very expensive.

and the cost for the hotel in shanghai especially if you are looking for a 2 star hotel will be approximately 500 to 600 rmb per night. i think it will go up more than that..

one more thing, in shanghai the majority club average drink is 70-80 rmb, if you looking for specific clubs like 97 park zones, the average drinks (not including beer) will cost 100 rmb, it's actually more expensive than new york clubs. and this is base on off season, olympic seasons will probably be double again.. so i dont think is the right choice to go to china on olympic season.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice