Any One With Celiac Disease Been?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RTandDJ, Mar 3, 2009.

1. RTandDJ

RTandDJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a quick question and do not want to take too much time away from room parties, FFMM, belly dancing and whatever one would like to throw into the party conversations. :p

We have already booked our vacation but I have not really been given a solid answer.

I was wondering if anyone with Celiac has been to Temptation? If you do not mind posting or PM'ing me any information or resort employee contact that would help and/or put my mind to rest.

Thanks for the help.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    My wife Chris has Celiac and finds lots to eat whenever she's there. She does miss the delicious pastries that the make but there are tons of choices that fit your needs. I'll PM you her email so you can write her for some direct questions and answers.

Jamie

3. RTandDJ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the reply and PM. I was thinking the choice of my title was probably not the best. An adults only resort and the word disease does not mix very well together. :oops:

For those who are reading and wondering what this is..... it is simply a food allergy that is not contagious.

:)

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    But a royal pain in the butt. Simply put you cannot eat anything that has wheat, barley, oats, or rye. The easy part is to say noting with flour like bread, pastries, pizza.... then think of stuff like gravy that uses flour for thickener, tacos, and then look for modified food starch.. then you add some candies, chocolate, soups, and then list expands from there. You'd be surprised what has added starch.. ice cream... you name it.... it gets fun.

On the good side Outback Steak House's Chocolate Thunder Down Under is a flourless brownie base with good ice cream and chocolate surly on top. It's Gluten free so Chris can eat it. :D

Jamie

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just for my own knowledge does it have to do with foods that has gluton? Terry

6. RTandDJ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Terry you got.

But it is just not with food.... the glue on envelopes, hardener in pills, dog food, dental floss..... on and on.

I know things could be a lot worse and I am thankful I found out about it.. but it is very taxing on me. I am usually eating something because I am very active and this does not make the quick meals easy. I have to plan everything I do and in fact this is the first real vacation since find out I had it. I am a little nervous to say the least.

My wife is my support.... thank god for her and her caring.

7. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I remember, my son inlaw's nephew as it, and when my daughter married than they where here, the only thing they would let him eat was a hot dog and the kid what about 5, gosh that must be a hard way to live. But I have heard the resort is really good about telling you the info you need about not eating the wrong things, not sure that true though. Terry

8. RTandDJ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the information Terry, another thing I hate about this is that it makes me become "needy". I hate having to mention this to the managers, it is embarrassing because I do not like having special treatment. But since it has been know to cause esophageal cancer and having lost my dad to that I have to take it serious.

9. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I wouldnt be embassed, just tell them and have a good time on your trip. Saw a little girl at Disney last year with a peanut algerey almost die because the birthday cake they had ordered was supose to not have peanut products in it. You gotta be careful. Terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice