**Any New UK Guys, Start Here**

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Mad-Ad, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every year new English (UK) guys come onto the forum and ask the same questions, which normally results in existing members laughing at them because they have heard the same questions time and time before. So here are the top 3 questions asked by new English guys when they arrive on this forum. This will save existing members from having to re-type the same thing because lets face it no one ever uses the search function on forums lol.

Top 3 Questions

Q1) Is it true that American girls love us Brits?
    A1) If you have seen the bit in Love Actually

[​IMG]

It is not like this! Most American girls do like the English accent and some even go out of their way to tell you this, but just because of your accent doesn't mean you're get laid, Most American guys like the English girls accent just the same. The other thing to remember is the ratio of Boys to girls is not good, At sometimes it can be about 2-3 guys to every girl but on the other hand I have seen probably 5 guys to every girl at times (Fat Tuesdays). Basically if you don't or cant pull over in the UK, it'll probably be the same over there. I'm not saying that English girls are easier but from talking to English guys while there, it seemed that most of them hooked up with English girls and not many with American girls. The other thing to remember is more and more English guys are going every year so the novelty of being English is probably wearing off with some girls.
    Once you have pulled it is very hard to get non hotel guests back into your hotel, although there are ways around it.

Q2) How much is the beer and clubs etc
    A2) Pretty much every club do All-inclusive bars and this is what most people go for. The price is between $30-$50 for this. When you get into the club you just need to go to the bar and ask for what you want, but it does take a long time to get served and at certain places unless you Tip a couple of $ you will be waiting a very long time. I found it was best to get a few people throw in $20+ and you will be looked after by one of the waiters, and at clubs like the city you can normally get a table if you tip enough, this is very good.
    Around the bars you will pay around $10 for a yard of either beer or cocktails and I think bottles of beer are around $4-5. It isn't cost effective to do this though and is worth going for the all-inclusive option
    The Clubs are as follow...

The City - The largest club in Cancun 4000+ people, good music and good live shows

Senior Frogs - Built on the lagoon, it has a water slide you can go down and there is a small swimming pool inside the club, there's always something fun and crazy going on here.

Coco Bongos - Not really that big but they say around 1800 People, although it is a bit tight for space in there. Brilliant live shows and acts although the music can be quite a mix of things.

Dady O - A well spread out club with a capacity of 2500 people, they have some good live shows here and a revolving dance floor, The music here is very good.

Dady Rocks - Is connected to Dady Os, A good size bar that has good live music.

Bulldogs - Has a 2000 person capacity, it has a hot tub in the VIP area, it also has great laser shows there.

Other clubs include
    O nectar lounge
    Basics

Q3) Where is best to stay.
    A3) Below is a hotel map

[​IMG]

The red circle shows the area where most of the clubs are and shops etc. Taxis are fairly cheap though and the bus is even better and good fun too.
    If you want a real lively hotel many stay at Oasis Cancun, during the day it is very lively here although don't expect to get too much rest in the evening either.

Finally if you are Chav's or enjoy the stereo typical English 'Lads holiday' you are probally best suited to europe, because for one the Mexican police dont take any rubbish at all. It'll set you back about $400 for a pee in the lagoon, No joke!

Bye
    Adam

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    good one adam!

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow great post Adam..Very helpful

4. claire

claire Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    STICKY STICKY STICKY!!!! lol

excellent adam! put perfectly! :D

5. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    would have to RE phrase this in order for it to be a sticky! Would have to get rid of the English part and make it apply to anyone coming to cancun! but a very informative post nevertheless!

6. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah thats fair enough, I only said English (UK) Guys as its always us who asks these questions especially #1 lol.
    I guarantee there will be atleast 10 new UK male members (oh no not a good choice of words) between now and March that asks these questions :wink:

Bye
    Adam

7. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hahaha, yea, I am sure there will as well! Likely a LOT of new members here in the coming months!!

8. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Indeed :)

Bye
    Adam

9. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    adam, you and gemma WILL book!

10. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I very much hope so!
    Also Claire and James must come

Bye
    Adam

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice