Any jobs out there or does anyone know a foreign business owner?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Oscar Adrian, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Oscar Adrian

Oscar Adrian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings!

After almost 17 years of living in the US and working in the same place almost exclusively i came back to Mexico a year and a half ago. For a year, i was working in a outsourcing call center in Mexico City as customer service agent for T-mobile and booking agent for AVIS and BUDGET.

I recently quit my job and i’m moving to Cancún (or the area) in few days, unfortunately, i haven’t been able to find a job (or place to rent) thru indeed.com and Clasificados Novedades Q.Roo yet, but i’m actually looking to work for a “foreigner” rather than a Mexican or Corporation (respect and fair wages) so, i was wondering if anyone knows a restaurant, bar, photography or tourism business owner who i could send my resume and cover letter to General Hiring Intention Letter

Any job is fine even if is part time and not related with my experience and background fields, but, since my experience is food industry, the perfect scenario would be some who is starting a restaurant because i can set up one from scratch or to improve it...long story, but i was trained by a Restaurant Management Advisor who helped us out to set up a $2 million dollar brand/tag restaurant from a small cafe.

Please feel free to pass my info around and let me know if you know about cheap places to rent a room.

Thank you so much!

Oscar Adrian
    oscar.adrian.photography@gmail.com
    +52 1 833 402 9692

2. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    What made you leave good ol' USA in the first place after all those 17 long years if I may ask?
    Cancun is not what it used to be even 5 years ago. There are a lot more regulations and rules in place and those are not necessarily good ones. Bureaucracy is slowly taking Mexico over too.
    Many companies went bankrupt and it is a lot harder for a foreigner to start a business now.
    Plus we are in the middle of a low season thus not many businesses will consider hiring a new employee.

why don't you try and send you CV's to some well established restaurants, bars and night clubs in Cancun?
    Or pay them a visit when you set your foot in town?

3. Oscar Adrian

Oscar Adrian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went following the girlfriend to South Dakota, she ended changing her heart after a year and i didn't come back....i came back cos i was tired of my situation (try to be in theLimbo for 17 years...you don't even get a pension) Yeah, i was trying to connect with places, but is hard to know how the owner is (corporation vs. sole ownership).
    Thank You!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice