Any job for russian people as a tour guide?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by DariaRusa, Jan 3, 2012.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    While that is true, Dariya, don't let that rule your thoughts on this. All of us have to ask for permission to stay, and work, whatever the foreign nationality.

With Russian tourism on the rise in Cancun, the opportunities will just keep growing, along with the number of Russians, and other nationalities from the FSU, living and working here. My dental assistant is a Ukrainian.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Perhaps true, but ultimately beside the point, in the deepest possible sense, if you happen to be Russian, or Ukrainian. It's akin to complaining that you were born a man, if you happen to think women get more breaks in life. As my Russian landlady used to say when I asked her how she felt, complaining is useless.

3. DariaRusa

DariaRusa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let's cry together and stop trying to do anything in our life just because it's "difficult". When you're young and when you're studying at University, was it very easy for you? And for your friends? Is it easy to get driving category for everyone? Does everybody pass the exams the first time? And all these examples happen in Canada, in USA, in Europe - everywhere. Some people begin to think that it's impossible, they love themselves too much to work hard and they throw away so easily their dreams and their objectivies just because it´s "difficult" while other people probably with less abilities make their dreams come true because they´re sure that everything will gonna be all right; nothing and nobody can stop them to be happy and to get what they want. Everything depends on HOW we look at the situation.
    "Anything you want, you can make it yours". "Be positive, no fear, no panic, be sure, work hard, everything´s possible" - there are some of MY principles.

If I thought that it´s VERY HARD to get a visa to Spain with TWO denied Spanish visas in my passport, I wouldn´t be studying here, in Spain, for the SECOND time.

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a great outlook you have Daria! I am sure you'll do well where ever you end up, with that positive attitude.

Good luck!

5. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live here...have a great job that paid for my FM3, changing jobs in the next week and they are equally helpful. Daria, do what make YOU happy. I live here now and Scorpio has not been here for several years. If you are qualified and you are gonna work for a reputable company, its nothing scary. Just paperwork if you have a dream and drive, which it seems you do....go for it!!!!!!

ENOUGH OF THE NEGATIVITY.

Scorpio, there could be a reason you have not heard back...you don't qualify. Mostly because you don't live here.

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Daria dont let the negativity troll cause you any hesitation on moving to Cancun.

HEYscorpio just how long was it that you were in Cancun??? Just curious.

7. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, I did not have a job permit when I got my job. They got it for me. And who hires from another Country for entry level tourism jobs?????

Companies here take a risk when hiring someone, even Mexicans, as the turn around is so high. So, everyone you talk to, even everyone who knows what they are talking about on this forum will tell people looking to come here to work... come for a 2 week vacation and see if you'd even like it. Cause 7 times out of 10, people don't.

8. DariaRusa

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much, ToryB. Everyone here in Russia does what you tell me, they go on vacations and if they like the place, they´ll settle there. Do you like living in Cancun?

Cancunscorpio, I´m so sorry about your friend. Now I understand what´s happening to you. But it doesn´t mean that you have to cry about your own problems which are the problems because you think this way and because you see them as problems.
    Here in Spain there is no job, They are in a big crisis, almost all of my friends stay at home looking for job. And I, without papers and permission for working, have found a job. I don´t get salary and I don´t go to the office 8 hours everyday only because I don´t want it because I don´t want to have problems with the law which could be "working illegaly", but these people want to do all the papers and documents for me. And you have to know that get the permission to work in Spain is MORE DIFFICULT than get the same thing to Mexico. Also last year I worked as a go go dancer in Spain only because I needed some money to go out with my friends and I´m used to earn money for the parties and for the clothes by my own way since I was 15. I mean, that if you want - you can get. You have to work hard, have a lot of friends who could help you. I´ve spent days and days in the Internet sending a lot of CVs, going from one place to other. And why do Spanish people not have jobs? Because they´re lying on the sofa all day long, crying about the bad life and getting money from the goverment just because they don´t work, and here the goverment gives them good money which permit them to live without job.

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we all agree, Daria, that you will be just fine in Cancun or wherever you happen to choose to settle. Common wisdom can be boiled down to the following two items: go to Cancun with enough money to live for at least a few months (and I'd say with enough money to have fun and go out, as you will need to be out and about meeting people to find a job!) and YOU DON'T get hired remotely!!!!

Good luck!

10. DariaRusa

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to be clear, I don´t have any job here and right now, because it´s illegaly and I´m studying here. I don´t want to break the rules of the foreign country. I´ve found a good offer for the future, and it´s a real offer. I just have a POSSIBILITY to work for them when I graduate, but I have some Spanish friends who found this job with me, I mean, they came with me, they´re working right now perfectly while I can just go to the office from time to time, learn and prove the boss that I deserve this place and he could make all the papers for me. It´s really difficult for Russian people because Spanish goverment "closed" the enter to the country for all kind of immigrants. But it´s not an excuse to get desperate and to stop trying to go anything. Yes, it´s not so easy but it´s possible.

The thing is that I´m thinking about Mexico because I´d like to know this country, I´ve never been there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice