Any Helpful Tips

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Deleted member 38146, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Deleted member 38146

Deleted member 38146 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're looking at booking a split trip between TTR and DRM the first week in June. We've never booked a split resort trip like this in Mexico before, any tips or suggestions are welcome!

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We've done split-trips before - you'll have fun at both resorts. I don't know your background (have you been to either before? Is this your first trip to Cancun? Are you familiar with each resort's concepts?) so I don't know what tips or suggestions you need. As long as the 2 of you are open, honest, easy-going, willing to show a sexy side, you should be fine.

3. Deleted member 38146

Deleted member 38146 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've been to TTR, not to DRM yet (we'revery easy going to say the least lol), we're talking more about the booking/scheduling/transportation part. Any agents or websites that you can book both at once or do you need to do them individually, things like that.

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I've had experience booking directly with the resorts themselves (Temptation: Temptation Resorts & Cruises | Special Offers & Promotions and Desire RM: Desire Riviera Maya Resort | Desire Beyond Seduction) Steve, the owner of this forum, also has links on the main forum pages; he recently posted some discount codes as well.

I've also had success (and have saved money) booking via third-party sites, using TripAdvisor or Trivago. Each of these will lead to the 3rd party company that can score you a much lower rate. Buyer beware, though, as sometimes the rates look too good to be true. I will say that we've used lesser known companies like SnapTravel, Get a Room, Amoma, TravelUp and Roomdi with no issues.

I'd say just try each and see. I would be a good idea to try checking from time to time as rates can fluctuate, just as airfare does. If doing this, it would be a good idea to clear your cookies or use a private browser.

As far as transportation, we've had success with several companies: USA Transfers, Canada Transfers and Sarmez. They are each able to provide transportation to and from the airport, as well as in between resorts. The last time we did this, I believe the RT fare for 2 people, for all 3 legs of transfers came out to $115 USD, but that was in 2021 It's quite easy to reach out to each company and ask for a quote.

As far as the resorts, I'd suggest going to Temptation first, then Desire. Just a personal preference. Temptation for us is Sexy Spring Break then Desire is Sexy Luxury Vacation.

I will add that we used to be devoted Temptation junkies. Once we visited Desire, we were hooked on Desire. We still loved Temptation, but Desire was next level and it became our go-to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    We like doing TTR first and then on to DRM for the rest of the trip. TTR is a tune up for DRM where we hardly get any sleep.
    If not members, book the resorts separately for the best rate. You can use Steve's link here on Cancuncare to get the best rate (and free transfers) to DRM (be sure to use a discount code also) and the price will/may be close to member rates. DRM won't price match.
    For TTR, find the cheapest on-line quote and then have the resort match it. Even if you would never book or trust that on-line quote, the resort will match. TTR will be more expensive on the weekends. Trivago/priceline/etc will find a pretty cheap price linked somewhere.
    Transfers, ya, USAtransfers was $115 for all three legs in '22.

Airlines...it's a crap shoot for price, usually we find our tickets first and then book the rooms. Trick...use a search engine (expedia, priceline, the airlines, etc), and type in dates close to what you want but not the exact dates, then select "Flexible travel dates". Normally the selected/preferred dates will be the most expensive and others close will be cost less. The search engine will automatically make your preferred dates the most expensive. Earlier morning flights and weekend flights are most expensive. Red-eye and mid week flights are cheaper. Our favorite is a red-eye that gets us to Cancun around 0700 am, no customs lines, and to the resort by 0800. Quick breakfast and then a short nap on a beach bed.

Scheduling...also look at the theme nights you would like to participate in.

Also check the resort availability calendar for DRM, beginning of June is only three months out and it may be difficult getting anything other than a garden room. And those may be gone soon. Availability Calendar for Desire Resort Riviera Maya

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. jacobstine

jacobstine Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    We've routinely done Temptation first for a few days and then transfered via USA Transfers to DRM. There's even an APP that works pretty slick. With the cost of flights, we couldn't stand not taking in both places in the same trip, but of course everyone's experiences and desires for vacation is different. For sure, use Steve's links for discount and book as far out as possible for the best rates.

7. Wife is poolside topless

Wife is poolside topless Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Has anyone used booking.com? They have limited rooms at Desire but found on booking.com they have a room. I know last year they were sold out of tower rooms at Temptation but found a room at right connections an had no issues as some said they have used that company before

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  8. Wife is poolside topless

Wife is poolside topless Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Or anybody use reserving.com??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice