Any Gun lovers here?? Bought a New Glock last night!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by EngineerGuy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would only say that it would be reality in Canada. I applaud you for your thoughts and sometimes envy the way things are in Canada.

There once was a time that here in our city that you could leave your house unlocked with the windows open while you were away. Not anymore, times have changed.

Gun control would perhaps work in the long run here in the states but there is no telling how long that would be. Me personally, I would not like to part with my personally owned weapons. Do I feel that I need them out of necessity? No, because I have never needed to use them to defend myself. Do I feel the same way that Sheandme feels? I do. As they have said, "You don't pick the time or place." My philosophy is, "Better to have and not need, than need and not have".

Even with gun control, you will still have the occasional nut with a weapon that needs taken down.

Which leads me to this link. I received it not too long ago in my email. It is a lady testifying before Congress about why she harbored resentment on their laws concerning concealed weapons. She went to eat at a Luby's restaurant in Killeen, Texas with her parents when a guy came in shooting people indiscriminately. She described during this testimony how her parents were among the victims and how she felt she could have saved them along with other people had she not been required to keep her handgun in her vehicle. Mind you this testimony has been some years back and many state's laws have since changed:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675&p

2. Sheandme

Sheandme Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gun control-being able to hit what you aim at.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice