Any Gun lovers here?? Bought a New Glock last night!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by EngineerGuy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very nice! A lot of local law enforcement carry Glock 40s around here.

I have a Beretta 92FS Centurion. loaded with 9mm hydrashocks and Dawn has a Smith & Wesson 380 Sigma.

[​IMG]

My prized weapon is my AK-47 with a collapsible stock. It was my brother's and I obtained it after he passed away.

[​IMG]

I did like the old M1911s in the military before they switched over to the Berettas. But I have found that I am much more accurate with the Beretta, as it has much less recoil.

Gotta agree with you about the clip though. It's nice to have 15 in the clip with one in the pipe. Or 30 in the clip with the AK.

The weapon that I would really like to purchase is a 50 cal Desert Eagle. Years ago when I worked for Military Customs overseas, I had to do paperwork for ATF approval on one for a service member in Germany. It was quite a weapon.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    wow!! That AK is nice!!!!

3. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why do you all have guns?

4. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    some people like shooting here in the states, its a sport, like hunting! I have it just for personal protection, as well as shooting at the range! Many many americans own guns! I heard its rather odd to own a gun in the uk!

5. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, almost unheard of! although we do have a knife crime epidenic at the moment. Its really odd to see you all chat about your guns like its normal, although i suppose it is!

6. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    very normal, although its not like most american just walk down the street with them out in the open. Id rather get shot than stabbed lol damn! Better watch my back in england! :wink: :lol:

7. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just exercising my 2nd Amendment Right under our Constitution.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. " :wink:

Like Jason said, it's pretty normal. Mind you, not everybody carries a weapon on them. But depending on where you travel, in the U.S., a large percentage of people probably will be... like Texas.

I used to work in law enforcement, so that is when I purchased mine. We purchased one for Dawn so we could go out and shoot at a range for recreation. We do also have them for personal protection. Meaning you can carry them in public if you choose... but to do so legally, you have to register, apply for, & purchase a personal protection permit. To do this, your local police department requires you fill out the permit and be fingerprinted. They then check your criminal background before issuing the permit (on a person to person basis).

Many people here in the U.S. also hunt (deer, turkey, game birds, wild boar). So they will own various types of long guns... rifles, shotguns, etc.

Thanks! My brother was coming home from a firing range and got pulled over. He unfortunately had some weed on him and they arrested him. When they inventoried his car, they found the rifle in the trunk and impounded it. Long story short... they didn't follow up on his misdemeanor possession charge and he passed away about a year following his arrest. I was working for the local Sheriff's Department and had one of our city officers run a triple III (Interstate Identification Index... essentially a national criminal history check) on me, produced a death certificate, and requested that his property be turned over to our family. Normally I wouldn't purchase such a weapon, even though it can burn through a magazine and is pretty easy to clean. My brother-in-law did have a Mini-14 that was really sweet. I would have loved having it. As I understand it, ISP (Indiana State Police) use Mini-14s. I would have thought they used HKs instead.

Have you gotten out to fire your Glock yet? Know you will be heading "over the pond soon". Make us proud. Ha!

8. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    time to get back to work on the wall at the border again... :lol:

I have never felt the need to bear arms... I find that just getting a bear and a supersoaker full of honey are quite effective.

It is remarkable on how different America and Canada are on the gun issue overall. I have never felt the need to have a gun for protection. In fact on a quick trip to Minneapolis a couple of years ago me and a friend couldn't stop laughing at the sign at the entrance to the Mall of America that reminded people not to bring in their guns. Just one of those things you don't see up here.

9. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am truly a Canadian in every sense of the word and feel the same way you did the first time I saw those signs at the Mall in the States... part of my feeling on guns was based on fear, of never owning one or firing one.

I now understand why many Americans are proud of the "Right to Bare Arms". Having travelled extensively in the States I have seen first hand the reasoning behind "carrying permits".

95% of the Americans I know personally that have guns , respect the fact that they are not to be underestimated.

I enjoy the shooting range, now know the skill it takes to fire a perfect shot and have so much more respect and understanding.

On a personal note, my handgun is for target shooting only, however I am also an avid hunter, which not only takes a heck of a lot of practice, but discipline and understanding of all the laws. I hunt to put food on the table and to ensure that my children gain the knowledge that their forefathers held.

Guns are only as safe as the hands that hold them...

10. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    haha don't take what I said personally. Most of that was very tongue in cheek what I wrote before. while I don't personally hunt I have family and friends that do, me and blood are not friends I don't know if I would have the stomach to dress my own animal.

But on the other hand I am very thankful to live here in Canada and personally I hope I never have anything happen to me that makes me rethink my stance that I don't need a gun to feel safe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice