Any Gun lovers here?? Bought a New Glock last night!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by EngineerGuy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Here is my new purchase last night, Glock 19 9mm

[​IMG]

Got a free box of Hollow Points with my purchase too hahaha wohoooo lucky me! Anyone like the glocks? My last one was a S&W, but 9mm seems to work for me. Was going to go with the 40 or 45 but....I get more bullets in the clip with this, 15 in the clip, 1 in the hole locked and loaded!

2. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love the 9mm glock, however unlike yours mine is compensated which really reduces the kick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The gun on the left is mine the one on the right is a 45mm and has to much kick back for my liking

[​IMG]
    and the larger clip makes all the difference...

You have bought yourself a very nice gun... now lets see a card from your next target practice with it...

(Infared mounted below the barrel???)

Congrats

3. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You dont like the infared? Thats how they mount!! And what do you mean yours is compensated?? 9mm dont kick too much!! Ya I am hitting the range tomorrow!

4. dmac

dmac Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Hell yeah!!!!!!!! [​IMG]Glock makes a great handgun. Of course I like any quality made gun and try to add to my "arsenal" occasionally. Good pick.

5. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Better buy now before Obama gets to us!! My buddy here at work just bought an AR-15!!

6. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cool :lol:

nice piece, kinda hard to get hold of a gun in this country :(

7. Sheandme

Sheandme Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice piece, son carries one (former Naval Aviator). Youngest son "procurr ed" a Russian Tarkov when he was with the US Army Spec Ops in Iraq. Fires 7.62. Myself, I like the 357 Magnum or the old standby 45 Army Issue for pure stopping power, not very accurate but you can drop the weapon in the mud and it will fire, very reliable. I also kinda 1/2 assed like the Beretta. 45-2 to the chest 1 to the head - Grunt6770. Rambling on, sorry!! Again, nice piece.

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I almost went with the .45, but I have hollow points when I carry this for personal protection! 1 or 2 of those and you aren't going anywhere! Deadly accurate also!

9. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love the infared, however it was not an option when I got the gun as a birthday gift... I live in Canada and my gun lives in Ohio... Not legal here due to the barrel length...

Compensated means that there are holes near the front and top of my gun. The cuts, slits, holes push gases upwards so that the resulting upward force keeps the recoil minimized. This translates a quicker follow-up shot due to reduced muzzle flip (recoil) that a non-ported barrel will give you. It means my target shots are almost always dead on... Being that this was my first handgun my brother in-law wanted everything to be as comfortable as possible in use for me.

I love it and enjoy going to the range every chance I get.

10. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear ya. Gun & ammo sales went crazy down here after the election.

Last August, I won a Taurus at a sportman's banquet. They call it , "The Judge". It's a revolver that will take either a 45 round or a 410 shotgun shell.
    Marsh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice