any good?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by youngnyc30s, Jan 14, 2015.

1. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0

Nightlife - anything like Paty-O's, can the wife wear lingerie? Thanks

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Never been to Patyo's so I don't know what that is like. When we were there it was anything from people still in there swimsuits to semi casual. The later at night it goes the more likely lingerie would not seem out of place. It gets pretty drunk around the Tiki, with lots of people having a good time.

I know Jose (bartender) wouldn't have a problem with it.

3. SNHcouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Thanks Restling - we are splitting this trip between GP and TTR this year. A few nights of TTR and then off to the big beach at GP. best of both worlds (we hope). And we better not get bumped at GP:banghead:. We have heard too many horror stories over overbooking and sending to their family hotel. I might jump on the bus early am and head to GP to get our names on check-in list early and then head back to TTR for breakfast and then check out. Fingers crossed

4. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    That might be a good idea. I think the earlier you check-in the less likely you get bumped. Getting bumped to the Great would suck.

Since you are going to the beach to relax you probably won't mind that GP is more laid back during the day. They still have some fun activities. Do the volleyball if you can. Denise is a real nice entertainment lady, and a lot of fun.

Hope it goes good.

5. SNHcouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I just read a tripadvisor review that the wifi is useless you are sitting at front desk, hope not true (in sales, work emails)

6. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I never tried the hotels wifi, because I was told it was $$ and slow, but maybe its not that bad now. We were always able to get it from the neighboring hotel, and got great reception that way from our room balcony. Sounds like that hotel has now blocked access.

I also tried buying a phone, and getting a mexico sim card for data. Thought it would work fine, but for some reason it did not. Also frustrating. If it wouldn't have been for the neighboring hotel I would have been pretty upset.

I get tired of people saying, "you're on vacation you don't need your phone."

7. SNHcouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Ah yes the words of the non-commissioned... We are only at GP for two nights, it wont kill me. I turn on my wife's MX calling through Verizon so we can call receive phone calls to keep in touch with kids/home.

Thanks again, Chris

8. LeeAnn & Gary

LeeAnn & Gary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Been to GP and will never go back. That place is a huge snooze fest. TTR all the way. If I wanted to vacation at GP again I might as well stay at me and hang by my pool and have more fun than there.

9. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Marshe......?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice