Any Experience With The Secret Xcape Rooms?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JnBcpl, May 5, 2019.

1. Emman

Emman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 0
    Coming off of our second trip to TTR, my wife wants to return in June to celebrate her birthday - can't say that I blame her.

I noticed a new type of room listed on the TTR site called "Secret Xcape Room". These rooms are priced lower than the Trendy Garden / Ocean view rooms, so am curious as to what / where the Secret Xcape Rooms are, as there is not much information available about them.

Any ideas?

2. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2
    Sorry but the only secret I have finally figured out is which side of all of the doors in the room to push to finally get the cabinets open.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I remember reading here that when the resort first opened, it was running a secret room deal, which seems to be the same idea as the Secret Xcape Room idea. Everyone whose posts I saw said they received either Trendy Garden or Trendy Oceanview. This makes sense, as the resort is not going to put you in a more expensive room category at a price below a Tower room, plus they have tons of rooms in the Trendy category. But these are just my assumptions about the Xcape deal, based on what happened on the last such promotion.

FYI everyone, I've been trying since Wednesday (3 calls so far, and at least 1 email per day) to get the resort to stand by the Best Rate Guarantee posted on its website. The rate I've asked them to match is from one of their affiliate sites, so I would think they can't dodge matching it. Thankfully, I took a screen shot of the rate page that shows the date of the screenshot, as the rate went up on on Friday. The reservations agent I am emailing keeps telling me that the match request was for the first rate I saw, and that the sales dept is reviewing the match request. How can it take 5 days to confirm a price on an affiliated website?? Just go on the website and check the price!

They are also telling me that I can't have any of the giveaways (transfers, massage, etc) offered on the TTR website if you book directly with the resort, though there is nothing on the TTR site that says you can't have the giveaways if you get a price match.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    Yeah I tried to get a price match on our Bash Tower room (just got home) through Skoosh. Lady answering call said to send them screenshot to a generic email address they provided me. No one ever responded to my email. So I gave up.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Good grief! Why do they advertise price matching if they don't intend to do it? I am going to call Monday morning and ask to be put thru to the "sales dept", and then I am going to kick up a fuss until they give me an answer one way or the other so I can get busy on booking my room before the 11 Lush rooms sell out. The price from the affiliated vendor dropped back a bit today, so it's not much different then when I requested the price match. I wanted to try to book thru the hotel, as the change/cancellation policies on the affiliate site are downright medieval. If you don't remember to contact the site to pay the balance on the due date, they keep your deposit, or charge you all sorts of incredibly stiff penalties (hundreds of dollars) that increase every day that you continue to forget to contact them to pay your balance, and you can't pay the balance on your room without first paying the penalties.

Reminds me of the "no interest" deals at the furniture store chains, where if you miss one payment, you have to pay the entire balance at once, plus interest from the date you bought the crappy furniture that has probably fallen apart by the time you finish paying for it. They offer "no interest" because they hope you will slip up and miss a payment and then they clobber you. :rolleyes:

6. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    There may be nothing that says that....but if you try booking without a 'promo code' you will get a price. If you go back and redo it with a promo code to get one of those "free" things...it will take a discount off so your price will go UP for a "FREE" promo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Spicy

Spicy Spicy is the Variety of Life Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,263 / 3
    So what is the secret to working those silly doors?

8. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    bring of find a sticker or tape. Stick on one of the doors to push. (in a pinch use last nights pasty;)) Bigger problem is when the damn light wont go off

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Spicy

Spicy Spicy is the Variety of Life Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,263 / 3
    okay, that's what I was thinking too, stickers!

10. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I've discovered that the more I drink, the easier they are to operate!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice