Any Beach allow dogs to swim?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Dec 1, 2009.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to Las Perlas this morning.

The guard stopped me, stating that "I can take the risk of getting fined and having my dogs taken".

He said there IS a law against dogs swimming in the water in Cancun.

I asked him for a reference where I could reach someone "in charge", but he just said "Senor, there is a law"...

Well, I hung around for 5 minutes more and he called the cops! Boy they were fast! 2 cars arrived in less than 3 mins.

The cops threatened to take my dogs and wanted to give me a fine. Of course the fine was "flexible" and could have "been paid right there, without paperwork".

Im furious! Every time Im at that beach, people are letting their kids do toilet in the water, but a clean dog is somehow worse????

On Monday Im going to the police and Palacio Municipal to see if anyone cares to show me this law on paper...

So Tori (and others): Be cautious - they told me "no beaches allow dogs anymore", which to me sounds like BS, but they are prepared to go far to convince you.

I also thought cops in Cancun were busy catching real criminals/patrolling the city...

:evil:

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Take your dogs of Playa Nizuc, dog owners don't get hassled there much from what I know.

When we go to Las Perlas we scoot by the lifeguard as fast as we can before he can say anything. If you don't talk to them they can't say no to you.

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG: We have never had any problems - been going to Las Perlas(to the left, past the houses) for 2 years. usually the guard doesnt even look, but today he was very alert.

Just spoke to my neighbor and he had to bribe the cops not to take his big, black lab to the Perrera (!!) Also at Las Perlas....

IF there is a law, I guessed the dusted it off recently.

One thinks that with the amount of sh*t happening here daily, sure there should be more important things for the cops to do, like for example: Stopping people letting and encouraging their kids to pee and do number 2 where others are swimming! :mad:

Nizuc will be a bit far walking when its hot, but thanks for the suggestion :)

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thing is not all dog owners are responsible, and it's the minority that spoil it for the rest. Although, looking at how many people treat their dogs here I might go as far as saying it's the majority that spoil it for the minority.

Of course, not all parents are responsible either. But you can hardly ban people from beaches, can you.

5. mark555

mark555 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dog Parks and Beaches in Cancun and area

I have found two dog park on the beach in Cancun and one in Puerto Morelos.
    Isla Blanca is located north of Cancun about a 25 minute drive or taxi.
    I have heard that Playa las Perlas is a local beach in the hotel zone and if you walk up along the beach to the left no one bother you though I haven't tried it yet. Others I've read about used this beach to walk their dog.
    I was in Puerto Morelos and found the only Dog park that locals don't mind you walking on the beach with your dog.
    You have to drive north once you get to main intersection in Puerto Morelos and it is located by Centro Regional de Investigacion Pesquera and the Calaman Condos.
    There is a small sign of a dog posted on the fence to the entrance of park and it goes to the beach. There is an area where you can park your vehicle.
    All the parks in Cancun I have been have allowed dogs. In other words there were no signs posted that said other wise.
    Just remember it is the law in the City of Cancun to always have your dog on leach.

6. SuninFun

SuninFun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there anywhere that dogs are "allowed" off leash?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice