Anti-Bush Bumperstickers

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by RiverGirl, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Yeah... at this rate more Americans will die in 4 year that are dying in the same four years in Detroit! Let's pull out of Detroit too! Think of the lives that could be saved if we did that. They obviously don't want democracy there either.

Yes Bush and the US Government thought Saddam had WMD because Saddam thought he had them. It wasn’t till over two years after the invasion that the, now non-fearful, scientist admitted to lying to Saddam to stay alive. Hmmmm

So the moral is that if you never believe our government, sooner or later you’ll be proved right (no matter how many times you’re wrong in between.) :D

Jamie

2. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very intelectual comment.

I guess that justifies the death of our troops. My nephews signed up to defend this country. Whose country are we defending now? I rather have them fighting in Iran or Saudi Arabia, those people scare me more than a crippled micky mouse country already levelled. Yes, we had bad inteligence. And now that we know, why are we still there?

To defend freedom? how come we didn't make it to Rwanda? One million people macheted to death and we turned the other way.

The first objective was to remove sadam, done. Then it was to find the WMD's, None found. Now is to establish a democracy (US backed only), how long will a democracy stand after we pull out? As long as it did in Vietnam?

Noriega got smart, we went in, got him and pulled out. Panama did just fine without us baby sitting them.

This is my last post on this thread.

God bless our troops.

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Sorry. I got tired of the extreme statements and lowered myself to that level to make a point about how frustrating they were.

Jamie

4. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: bush bashing

That is probably the best way to look at it. Like him or hate him he's done what he can to make the USA safer.

5. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the support, 4bidden- will buy you a drink when we meet!!!
    unfortunately, what it does come down to is very simple- for hundreds of years, the US has imposed it's will and power on foreign people (remember, Hawaii was not originally ours)- sometimes with good results, sometimes with very bad results. maybe we shouldn't have gone into Iraq again- but tell me just who else in the world is going to act as the world's police force? the UN? France? the answer is no one country can accomplish this task, and yet the US has attempted for decades to act in this manner. what we fail to realize (and I am pro-Iraq intervention) is not everyone in the world wants to live in a capitalist society- and when we try and impose that on a country/people, sometimes it backfires. the situation in Iraq is delicate- but the underlying reason we are still there is not for oil, it is to exterminate terrorists- period. one day soon, god forbid, there will be another attack in this country- one that will make 9/11 look like a minor car accident- and the people that carry out this attack will more than likely not be home-grown terrorists.
    hey, i still love all you BBGers!!!

6. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately the UN is as disfunctional as the League of Nations was in the days before WWII.

The UN is only good at dealing with peacekeeping missions and even then they put so many restrictions on the soldiers that if fighting was to break out they could do nothing to stop it.

NATO seems to have taken on the responsibility of making peace and this seems to be working (Iraq aside). NATO moves in, makes peace and then the UN takes over when there's limited risk. At least with NATO runnign things you know who you can trust.

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems to me that I have heard many more reports of abuse by UN forces than by NATO or other similar groups. I agree that the UN is fairly useless when it comes to peacekeeping. They do have a place as far as international relations, whether or not we always agree with their actions.

8. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure the UN must do something good.. I'm just not sure what it is.

9. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    4bidden-
    years ago, yes the UN did some positive things- but you'd have to go back a ways- basically, the UN is a spineless, paper organization that has taken a "hands off" approach to serious world affairs in the last 25 years- as an example, do you remember when they were attempting to intervene in the US tries to see if Saddam had WMD's? they kept insisting they would take care of it, and then every time they got to the gate, so to speak, they were turned away- what kind of a world governing body is that? and whether or not you believe in a god, having hugo chavez call bush the devil, in the UN in NY no less, and watching members of the UN laughing when he said it- well, that should tell you right there what kind of spineless people they really are- there have been suggestions that the UN should be moved out of NY- i say, yes, move it out of the US period- then we'll see who they come running to for help when they have a problem

10. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still waiting for some thoughtful commentary from those who believe in Bush as to why they support him! So far all I've seen are reactionary comments and one-liners in response to those two with whom I seem to be more politically aligned (Lambert and RiverGirl).

Come on, guys, explain as clearly and well why you're for Bush as Lamber and RiverGirl did with their objections! Don't just counter with arguments against what they said!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice