Anti-Bush Bumperstickers

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by RiverGirl, Jan 4, 2007.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    outstanding.. *L*

2. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    B&B,
    I will answer on why I think that we are in Iraq. I just need some time to effectively state my reasoning. And no, I don’t think that we’re there for altruistic reasons and we shouldn’t be.

Rivergirl,
    I agree. I don’t like it when these threads degrade to the point of name-calling, but in all fairness, Drewbert is always the first one that takes it down that road.

As far as the Patriot Act, I would like to use an analogy to something that we can all relate to – airport security. Like most of the people on here, we fly quite a bit. I hate going through airport security and feel somewhat violated when you can tell that somebody rifled through our bags. Although I dislike it, I understand that it is a necessary in the society that we live in today. Is the Patriot Act an over-reaction? Possibly. But keep things in context. Our allusion of safety was shattered on September 11, 2001 – the first time that we’ve been attacked on our own soil for 58 years (Pearl Harbor). In addition, they still need reasonable cause. This isn’t carte blanche to do want ever they want to innocent citizens.

Ian, SoccerScott, & El Arracadas,
    Any thinking person realizes that most of our media is left leaning. The reason that some extreme liberals think otherwise is a matter of perspective. If you are so far left that anything more to the middle than yourself seems right wing. Don’t you find it funny how the major media networks have responded to the success of right leaning outlets such as Fox News and talk radio? Instead of going more to the center (which if they had remained objective, Fox would have never gotten off the ground), they are taking lessons from the likes of Michael Moore and the Hollywood crowd with bitter negative campaigning.

Zackman,
    Well said. We need to be proactive. If we wait to receive 100% world support, we will be only reacting to things that have already happened. We are in a world where WMDs are real. We can’t afford to be purely reactionary. It would be too late.

Marsh

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for saying that. As a liberal, even I realize that the truth is probably somewhere between what Fox News and CNN are saying. I don't discount something that a Conservative says just because of what they believe. Nor do I believe everything Liberals say just because they are Liberal. I do think that Rush Limbaugh is full of s##t 99% of the time though :lol:

4. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lambert,

np... I'm actually close to the middle myself.. at least I think I am... I still lean right but not too far... *L*

Buuuut when someone is extremely over to the left that's when you'll see people like scott and myself start to spin.. *L*.... I'm sure its the same for someone like yourself when you hear from the ultra religious right (hell I can't listen to them either).

*L*... so for all of you people who aren't extreme left or ultra right.....

Welcome to the middle.

5. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am in the middle... when I am playing sweeper on my soccer team.
    FYI- have spoken to rivergirl, made amends. never intended to offend anyone; as has been stated, one of the great things about a free society is the right to voice one's opinion.
    Most of the blame for information being misinterpreted can indeed by attributed to the media- BOTH the left and the right- I blame them both. What it boils down to is I have been reading foreign newspapers as of late, to try and get a handle on what the rest of the world thinks- but even then, how can I be sure that what I am reading is itself accurate? I can't.
    For everyone that has posted, thank you- because knowledge is indeed power, and it always helps to hear other's opinions.
    Can I say "Higher power bless us all"??? :lol:
    (I was being facetious)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice