Anti-Bush Bumperstickers

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by RiverGirl, Jan 4, 2007.

1. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Drewbert

You responded to Ian's post within 6 minutes. He posted at 1:00 and you posted at 1:06. In between this you also posted to another reply, again with quoting something.

Now Ian supplied you with a newspaper article, are you telling me that within 6 minutes you read Ian's reply, read his newspaper clipping, then responded to another quote while formulating and considering your response to Ian's and then typed it out.

Man you are quick.

C'mon, you are the king of quotes, I assume that you expect people to read them and consider them in order to have a proper debate. Do you not do the same?? I would expect that in order to maintain any veracity of decorum you would give the same consideration to others that you expect in return.

In various posts you have accused others of sticking their heads in the sand and not considering other points of view.

Are you any different?

2. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I change my opinion frequently, based on facts.

The funny thing about this, is that the people that say it's OK for Cheney or Bush to change his mind, absolutley go to town on Kerry changing his mind, and see nothing wrong with wearing purple heart bandaids to a convention, which was a shocking slap in the face to any memeber of the military who was awarded the purple heart.

Same with Bush standing on an American flag door mat - you guys just let it ride. You don't really give a shit about America and your principles, you only give a shit about your team (the Republicans) winning. The torture methods employed at Gitmo and Abu Graib are totally against what the USA is supposed to stand for. You let it ride because the GOP power retention is more important to youo than you're country's ideals.

The sad thing is, most republican and democrats are what they are because they parents were the same. A bit like most people in religions - they're in them because it was passed down from the family, not because they actually sat down and thought it through and decided it was the religion for them, after comparing all the different ones available.

Brainwashing victims, plain and simple.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we're planning for next Oct along with some friends that we met there last Oct... we can't wait

4. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    please fill me in on the torture methods used at guantanamo bay- and please don't use the same ones you see on "24"
    very curious to see your reponse- and even more curious to know just how you came about that info... :?:

5. soccerscott15

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    love to meet you guys 4bidden- maybe it's in the cards

6. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    But if you don't read others quotes, juyst as you expect your read HTF can there be a serious debate?? :roll:

7. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're missing the point. Hitler didn't wake up one morning and suddenly announce that Jews were to be shipped to concntration camps. It was all done using slippery slope thin-end -of-the-wedge techniques.

The same thing is happening in the USA (and the UK) right now. Your rights are SLOWLY being taken away - all the while you're told that it's necessary to protect you from some sort of danger. You're comfortable with it RIGHT NOW, because it hasn't affected YOU PERSONALLY so far. But one day, they get to something that DOES affect you, and you'll start complaining, but by then it will be too late.

You people accuse me of not knowing history, but you guys are falling for the classic.

Stop trading your freedoms for "safety".

8. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First of all I have never busted anyone for "flipping" as you put it.. that ends that

Second... what kind of torture is going on at Gitmo and Abu Graib... please explain.... I'd really like to know what you consider torture because that word has been thrown around way too much.

9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a comeplete waste of my time doing so, because no matter WHO I quote, you don't want to believe anything but what the US corporate-controlled media has been drip-feeding you.

Waste. Of. Time.

10. soccerscott15

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, reading your statements are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice