Anti-Bush Bumperstickers

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by RiverGirl, Jan 4, 2007.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you cannot compare Germany of the 1930s to the US of today.... just the amount of integration throughout the US alone would make it impossible for that kind of thing to happen there.

No one is removing entire families from their homes here. They're only going after people that are suspect and that they have gather evidence against. In Canada the charter of rights and freedoms still applies. The athorities still have to PROVE that you are doing or going to do something wrong.

2. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and are you saying that no one was wrongfully arrested before the terroism act?

it happens.. but rarely. In this situation the police were wrong. He is alive and the police have learned a lesson. The other option is that they could have done nothing and have it potentially be another attack.

which would you rather.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

You're worring about something that MIGHT happen.... that's like charging someone with a crime before the commit it.... The police have the potiential to abuse their prisoners and misuse the public trust... but we dont' disband the police department....... the military has the potential to overthrow the government ... but we don't do away with them either. Why?... they're tools to ensure the safety of the public. So are these laws... They are tools that can be used for good and evil purposes. So what keeps everyone in check? ... democracy... you can and will vote out someone that betrays the public's trust. There is no need to be afraid.

4. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    actually ... depending on test scores you do get to choose what you want to do in the military... get your facts right.

5. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The government isn't invading your privacy like you think they are.

When they say that your emails will be read that's kind of misleading.... Think of it more like being scanned. Not by people but by computers. They're looking for key phrases, words, etc.... if they find them then a flag goes up and someone checks out the email (same with phonecalls, etc)... your email about how much your boss annoys you doesn't even get looked at by a person........ but the email about the next us target does. And that's what they're trying to do.

Honestly.. do you think that someone is going to read the billions of emails sent each day?.. *L*

Also... to get a look into things like your medical history or even your house they have to have a really good reason and be able to prove it to a court... yes even under the Patriot Act

6. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rivergirl-
    i am sorry if you think i have offended you- i really am, and that is not my intention.
    the only thing i am trying to get across, and believe me i understand your argument about privacy rights (my dad was an intelligence officer in korea) is that the world we live in today is much different than anything anyone has known in the past. because of this, certain countries, and not just the US, are being forced to use whatever means are available to them to guarantee the protection of their citizens; if that means they have to intercept emails and phone calls- as i stated earlier- this is done by computer, like 4biddenpleasers pointed out- and it's done by using very complex algorithms, which pinpoint key words and phrases that are red-flagged. the odds of an average law-abiding person being arrested or even accused using this method are very very high against it happening- and i am not saying it's impossible, but very very unlikely.
    again, sorry if you feel i am attacking you.

drewbert-
    you cannot seriously contemplate comparing hitler and the third reich and their atrocities committed with the current US administration- and your statement to that effect is so ridiculous that it doesn't warrant a reply.
    :cool:

7. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Abu Graib and Gitmo are just figments of the imagination, are they?

8. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheney thought toppling Saddam was a BAD IDEA. So he's a flip flopper.

10. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Abu Graib and Gitmo are just figments of the imagination, are they?

are you comparing the systematic extermination of millions of jewish people with some US and coalition forces parading prisoners around naked, and whatever other harmless pranks they did? please- and if you knew anything at all about guantanamo bay, you wouldn't make such a statement- and are we the ones dragging dead soldiers around through the streets, or beheading journalists on TV? no- and we never will.
    :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice