Anti-Bush Bumperstickers

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by RiverGirl, Jan 4, 2007.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually depending on your level of Asthma you may or may not get into the military. Especially when it comes to combat arms. The amount of smoke from weapons, fire, etc the average soldier deals with would kick off an asthma attack and then you would just be another casualty. Drewbert has no right to be calling Fletch anything.

2. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Karan

This has been very enjoyable, a healthy debate is great, but a debate does not have to become personal.

Just because one person doesn't agree with another person doesn't make them an ass.

A healthy exchange of ideas means one should be able to back up his claims with the most reliable information that he can. We all have our own feelings about the issues and most of us are unwilling to change our mind.

I would suggest, if I may, that Drewbert, continue with your clippings, I read through and enjoyed the account of the brit that was detained in the tubes, but quit cursing and calling people names, that just turns everyone off and makes them question your veracity.

Fletch, quit taking it personal, quit replying with condescending answers such as "Oh...(sarcasm) if it is in the internet then it must be true...(Smirk)" as well as "If you are not an American why do you care", I am also not American and I do care (plus Rivergirl is an American living in Cancun). I think we all have a right to be concerned, the American government has set themselves up (rightfully so, I believe) to be the policeman of the world and hence and therefore have made themselves and their actions accountable to the people of the world.

They are not always and will not be always correct and people should be able to question their actions and motives.

As Karan said, please keep it civil.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wrong.. everyone was at risk... if you kept your nose clean but one of your family members did something wrong Saddam would have everyone killed. Even his own son in-laws were tortured and killed when they tried to leave and thier wives (his daughters) were forced to watch, their houses were burned to the ground.

and your other post about people being too afriad to leave their houses... I'm sure I could find people in middle america too afraid to leave their houses. Talk to ex-patriots who still have family there. They will tell you that things are better.

4. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

5. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had no ill effects. In Canada we have a mild version of the patriot act but still I have no problem. No one I know in the US has had any problems due to the Patriot Act. Why are you so vocal about something that doesn't even effect you.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

7. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're blaming the destruction of Christian churches on the US???? That's like blaming the cops for the actions of criminals. That's the problem with most anti-bush people. Everything that is wrong in the world gets blamed on Bush. I'm sure someone will find a way to blame the rising orange prices on him.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fletch - I am an American! And I don't live in Mexico because I don't love my country. I made a special trip back to the States just to vote in the last Presidential election. I care very much about my country and I resent any implication that living in outside of the US makes me less of an American.

If anything, living outside of it has made me appreciate the great things about the US MORE that when I lived there! But it has also given me deep insight into how the rest of the world views the US.

Can you really know your country if you haven't seen it from an outsider's perspective? I don't think so. Many things suck about being an ex-pat, but gaining perspective on the US, from the outside, has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me!

9. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Download the PDF of it from the .gov website. It's all there.

Methinks you trust governments (of any type) too much.

They are doing all sorts of weird shit right now under the guise of "homeland security"

Even that name gives me the heebeegeebees.[/quote]

Ok here is the section (thanks Karan):

Section 3103a of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by inserting `(a) IN GENERAL- ' before `In addition'; and
    (2) by adding at the end the following:

`(b) DELAY- With respect to the issuance of any warrant or court order under this section, or any other rule of law, to search for and seize any property or material that constitutes evidence of a criminal offense in violation of the laws of the United States, any notice required, or that may be required, to be given may be delayed if--

`(1) the court finds reasonable cause to believe that providing immediate notification of the execution of the warrant may have an adverse result (as defined in section 2705);

`(2) the warrant prohibits the seizure of any tangible property, any wire or electronic communication (as defined in section 2510), or, except as expressly provided in chapter 121, any stored wire or electronic information, except where the court finds reasonable necessity for the seizure; and

`(3) the warrant provides for the giving of such notice within a reasonable period of its execution, which period may thereafter be extended by the court for good cause shown.'.

I see nothing unreasonable about this.... the athorities have to show good cause to the COURTS. Plus I see nothing in here about being able to search and seize your property and not tell you. The warrant may be delayed... that's what this says.

Having trust in government scares you? These are the people that we all had a hand in voting in. Mexico, Canada and the US are all Democratic countries. If you fear your government then you should try running for office.

10. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have nothing to hide either, but I do not want anyone including the government, private companies or anyone else invading my privacy.

I do not email back and forth with terrorists either, but I do not want anyone reading the email I sent to anyone. Not that the government is interested in my writings, its just none of their f##king business.

Medical history............no f##king way. Once again, I doubt the government will ever be calling up my doctor for my records, but I dont want them to be able to do it without my knowledge and/or permission.

I like the idea of the government having more power to investigate terrorists, but the broad scope of the Patriot Act is too much power. I can only imagine the ways it could be abused in the future. [/code]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice