Ant Problems

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by bncancun, Jun 6, 2008.

1. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is anyone having problems with these "Tiny" white ants. They are everwhere, kitchen, bathroom and the bedrooms.
    I have tied ever insecticide, natural and chemical.
    thay are driving me crazy. I have totally cleand and sprayed, but the littl motherf+*#@s keep appearing.
    I clean the house everyday, no food out, wash the floors, counters and so on.
    Must be that time of year. :cool:

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only thing that works for us is a professional exterminator once every six months or so, we get them big time.

And in strange places. Who knew ants liked toilet seats and glasses of nothing but water? Clean doesn't seem to matter, they just keep coming and coming.

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had them once as well, think they call them gueras or something

Call this guy he is brilliant, does all me and my friends houses, like canuck says you are good for six months!

Cero Plagas
    880 9759

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just recently they've started liking my computer keyboard, which is no fun.

The only thing that really works is to find the nest and destroy it. And they will nest anywhere. They nested in my daughter's gameboy, in my husband's car, inside a Pearl Jam CD case, anywhere.

5. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I finaly found someone

I found this guy who came over within an hour of the call.
    If anyone wants to know I will give him a "Cheap Plug".
    Hector Maeda 898-0813 or cel 998- 578-3530
    I signed up for a one year contract, pretty good price considering the other companies I contacted. :cool:

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have learn to olive with ants.

You can find them on the syrup, the sugar, cookies and many other places and now we call them Energy. We do not fight against them, we eat them when they make their way to our food and have no problems.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend of mine (who is from Merida so she's lived with this tropical ant thing her whole life) takes Ana's attitude. She doesn't fight the ants (you can't win). She put bowls of water under any food she keeps on her counter (so the ants drown before getting to the food).

I've found that just carefully tracking down the nest and destroying it (vacuuming it) will keep them away for many months. And I have never used an exterminator.

We have almost no bugs in our house, no cockroaches, few ants, just the occasional mosquito that flies in when someone opens a door. I really don't understand this obsession everyone here has with spraying dangerous chemicals in their homes. I do not see the point. I don't have bugs and I don't spray.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scott Wilson provided the sure cure to these little boogers. It is called Terro and you have to have someone bring it to you from the states. It is about a 3 oz bottle and you put a couple drops where you see them.

It is amazing but they gather in a circle around the drop, take it back to their nest or wherever ants live and they are gone. They do come back but not for a good while. A bottle will last for many months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice