Another Week One Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by tonyaandgreg, Sep 10, 2012.

1. tonyaandgreg

tonyaandgreg Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Ok, finally getting around to doing a trip report although I still haven’t caught up at work and should be focusing on that, but after reading other trip reports I feel obligated!

This was our second trip.
    We got to Cancun about 10:30 Sept 1. Getting through the airport and security was a breeze and USA Transfers was waiting. Paid the guy $55 plus tip when I got to the resort for the round trip fare. He had a funny look on his face, but I didn’t realize until later that it was because I had already prepaid for the trip a couple weeks before. He probably took the rest of the week off!!!

Our rooms were ready when we got there at around 11:30. That was unexpected. We had a better location than last year in between the sports pool and the quiet pool. We had no real complaints with the room other than the orientation of the bathroom, where you had to walk into the bathroom and maneuver around the door to get to the toilet. Impossible if someone else was already in there. The shower head was pretty weak and there were no shelves to put anything on, but it was a nice large shower.

We met folks right off thanks to the orange bands and hit the shots heavily which put Tonya out in less than 3 hours (she just elbowed me and said 4). She missed the rest of the day. I spent some time with her, but also came back down a few times. We finally went to Patty’O’s around 10:30 to get a burger and then called it a night. (Or did we go into the sports pool for a bit. Don’t remember). The next day Tonya cut way back and actually thinks she paced herself too much. She kind of got into the groove on the third day.

The next few days were a blur. Met lots of cool folks and couldn’t begin to name them all, partly because of my bad memory for names and partly because of the alcohol. Michelle and Ken, Susan and Steve, Chris (the albino gerbil) and Bruce (Dan) we hung with the most. We spent quite a bit of time with so many more throughout the week. Dave and Nikki, Dave and Debbie, CarrieJean and the librarian, Linus and Money, Kristina and Doug, Tatasnbeer, Noah and Allie (I still want you Noah), shot girl, big & little, MaciJo (spark plug, loved dancing with her), and of course the Pittsburgh crew. I know I am forgetting some folks. It’s the people that make this place, so thanks to all of you for being so great to hang out with.

Didn’t do as much dancing this year. The music around the pool wasn’t quite as good. Last year I was up on the side dancing more. They do need a DJ that knows how to read a crowd and play the music that gets them moving.

The competitions were better this year, and not just because I decided to make a fool of myself in the Mr Temptation and Iron Man contests.

Thanks Chris and Dave for joining me in Mr Temptation when the other two backed out, but I am kind of wishing I had backed out too. Used to love bananas.

Food was good enough I guess. Sure wish we could make reservations for larger groups and I wish they did food by the pool more.

Boobs Cruise was awesome. We almost didn’t go because Tonya was worried about getting sick. We went anyway and had a blast. That was our best day for a number of reasons. I bought a nice hat on the island, but left it on the shuttle at the airport. USA Transfers is great, but due to my stupidity, they sure did cost me a lot more this trip.
    Boobs Cruise day also held one of the funniest moments. We were in the sports pool quite late that night and Pittsburgh (USTWO) brought us a plate of burgers and burritos from Patty’Os. We all ate a burger and they were fantastic. I was the only one to try the burrito. I started chewing on it and pulled it back out of my mouth and looked at it and said “that is the toughest burritos I have ever had” then I proceeded to chew on it for a good10 to 15 seconds when a mayonnaise packet popped out. That is when I realized it was not a burrito, but a napkin with burger condiment packs stuffed inside. We laughed until we cried! For several days people came up to me and asked how the burrito was LOL!!!!

There were some trouble makers, but they mostly kept to themselves with a few exceptions. Security seemed lacking in that respect, but if I had to choose between security cracking down on the good people just having fun (which they didn’t seem to do this trip) vs the somewhat lack of security which let a few guys get out of hand, I would take the latter. They seemed to respond when called which is good. At least I don’t know of anyone getting hurt who didn’t bring it on themselves (aside from the slipperiness of some areas that led to some bad falls, which is not a security issue).

To sum it up:
    Music: Good,
    Entertainment: Good,
    Staff: Great,
    Food: Good Enough,
    Boobs Cruise: Great,
    Rooms: Good
    Burritos: Bad
    Booze: Fair, but did the job
    People We Met: AWESOME

2. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Good trip report Greg, that burrito story leaves me laughing every time I hear it, you and Tonya were a blast to hang out with. :eek:rangehat:

3. Big & Little

Big & Little Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gary and I are crying laughing. You tell the burrito story much better than we heard it from one of the crowd that night! Great meeting you two! Glad you're home safe...see you on the flip flop!

4. chris&tata

chris&tata Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    hahahahahaha........ That burrito story is too funny!!!! I was cracking up!

5. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I miss you already Greg.. more body shots next time!

6. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    LMAO. those burritos need to come with a warning label!

7. tonyaandgreg

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    I am just wondering...of all the people who have been to temptations...I couldn't possibly be the only one to do that???? Please say it ain't so!!!

8. tonyaandgreg

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Never can get enough body shots!

9. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    The burrito sounds great! I'm not sure I have ever been that drunk to mistaken a napkin for burrito :blueshock:

10. tonyaandgreg

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    You must not have done the Boobs Cruise!!

Oh and by the way. Others saw me start chompin down on it and they all thought it was a burrito too, so I was not the only drunk one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice