Another tourist died today

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Feb 1, 2007.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    A tourist jumped from high floor at Riu Cancun today straight down onto pool area where loads of tourists witnessed the event.

Thoughts to family and all those traumatised by such a horrible thing.
    Tracey
    x

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh my word that's terrible! I feel for the people that witnessed that event and for the family.

3. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh my...that is awful...my thoughts to all those affected.

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very sad.

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sad news, have not yet read on the local news anything but will be checkin to get more information

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From today's MSN UK: http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=2771071

A British man has died in Mexico after plunging from the 14th floor of a five-star hotel.

The tragedy happened at the Riu in the popular resort of Cancun following what is thought to have been an argument.

Mexican police said the person who died was a 34-year-old British man. A woman, who has not been named, has been questioned in the case.

Antonia Salmeron, a spokeswoman for the attorney general's office in the state of Quintana Roo, where Cancun is located, said: "We don't know precisely what happened. The only thing that hotel employees and guards have said is that the couple had a very forceful argument.

"Shouting was heard in the room and later there was a report that a man had fallen from the 14th floor."

Mrs Salmeron said police were investigating whether a scuffle had occurred in the room.

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gosh Cancun is getting a lot of bad publicity from these things..

Terrible to hear ...

9. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats gotta be such a horrible death.

If I bring a girlfriend next time, I will now get a room any higher then the 2 floor!!!!!

10. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep. Just the kind of endearing post that represents the caring and maturity of some of our visitors: Callous and misspelled. I guess the human tragedy doesn't mean anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice