Another killing at Plaza Solare.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Aug 18, 2011.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Kathy for the explanation.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
  3. d5332

d5332 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only 35 years old I think.

Dude was not a small fish....he is dead for giving papaya....

Papaya = exposing yourself, making yourself an easy target

I would be shocked if Chapo is in the Country, that would be bold if he has not moved his control room to a diff Country.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Quintana Roo State Prosecutor yesterday confirmed that the person killed was, indeed, Miguel Rodriguez Olivera: confirmation required a day, because the deceased was carrying personal identification naming him as Miguel Ángel Gutiérrez Sánchez.

In case you didn't open the Treasury link, above, here is a quote from it:
    This notice was released in Feb, this year. With this much attention being called to him, I'm a little surprised that he would be "out and about": he must have had great confidence in his assumed identity.

Although named as both a capo and an entrepreneur in newspaper reports, none seem to mention any business related to him other than narcotics trafficking. One article suggested he was an "associate" of Jorge Jimenez Contreras, killed at the same shopping center in Nov, last year, but offered no evidence, or even any details.

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More news from today's Por Esto(not for the Spanishly-challenged)--several articles http://www.poresto.net/squintanaroo.php?idSeccion=1
    including ones that mention that he was well known here, laundered money/was a partner in the restaurant, etc. Says 8 shots to the abdomen by one shooter. Shooter and 2 others ran down the stairs and had two vehicles waiting outside.

Reminds of the days when gangsters in the U.S. were more hero than criminal sponsored St. Valentine´s day massacres, spent lavishly, lived lavishly and wandered freely around town and everyone knew it. Where is Elliot Ness when you need him? Maybe Pancho Villa´s nephew is our man?

"Nothing new under the sun."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
  6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My sources tell me that the guy who got shot at Zen took 3 to the stomach at point blank range. I don't think there was a spray of 10-12 shots fired. I must say that getting to that plaza to eat a short while after the shooting was a bit disconcerting but it soon was business as usual. The exception was that Wings Army and Zen were closed and access to that floor was blocked.

I keep wondering how the team of three got away. Did they walk down the stairs, take the elevator, rappel down a back wall or what? Did they walk or run? Did they have a getaway car and driver standing by. Did they take a right onto the side street, out of the parking lot which would have taken them to the hotel zone? No one seemed to have seen anything and if they did, they weren't telling the other customers. A waitress told me she heard the shots and ran to a restroom with another female and locked herself in. Lots of questions without answers. I did see the Zen staff come down en masse and leave together, moving quickly.

I would assume that the investigators asked the witnesses these types of questions but I have not seen any answers in the press. Business as usual keeps coming to mind. The guy who got shot at the plaza a few months ago had eaten at Zen that night but he got whacked in the parking lot. Makes me wonder about eating there but it is a real favorite of mine. And it was a promo night at Wings Army where I was headed. You can easily see inside Zen from there but who was really looking. Most people probably just tend to their own business for the most part. But I suspect that Wings Army had a decent crowd, even given the early hour.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Any of the readers know this guy, or know where he lived?

8. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why V, you wanting to send flowers?

9. d5332

d5332 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    #1 Death of criminals are not investigated, its a case closed, guy had a bounty on his head.

#2 Sounds like the Sushi place is a fav spot of many...eat at your own risk...you decide if the sushi is worth risking a stray bullet...

hitmen try to hit only the intended target but the target must be killed bc its kill or be killed, never a guarantee that the target will remain still for close range shooting or that the hitman arrived with good aim....

Must be some damn good sushi....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  10. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    JAJAJA...thats what I thought. Wings Army for sure sucks. Tj I thought you knew better!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice