Another killing at Plaza Solare.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Aug 18, 2011.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    "Miguel RodrĂ­guez Olivera, presunto distinguido integrante del Cartel de Sinaloa, fue ejecutado esta noche en CancĂșn."

Early press reports are saying he was an important figure in the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. Some "businessman".

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    JakeRay: Oh, I know, I simply posted the news :)

V: Part time business-owner, part time Narco? ;)

The only problem as I see it, is that one really has to have trust in that the hit-men are well trained and do not spray bullets that will/could hit others around...

I think he took 3 to the abdomen, but the news this morning said "7-12 shots were spread out in the area, that had other visitors..."

It would be easier to avoid these situations if narcos would wear some kind of badges/clothing, similar to the Red Cross when they are in war zones, hehe :D

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The plot thickens, just a little, if Novedades got it right.

Novedades reported this AM that three men were involved in the assassination: one did the shooting, while two stood guard.

The assassins apparently had been tipped as to the whereabouts of their target by persons unknown, but witnesses said one of the three people who had been at his table excused himself to the bathroom just before the shooting, while the wife was said to have been on the phone at the time (whether at the table, or away from it, was unclear to me).

Novedades added, source unknown to me, that the U.S. Treasury Department carried the deceased on a list of those in Mexico who were believed to have derived great wealth from illegal activities (this list is maintained in case there is ever an opportunity presented to the Treasury to seize their property).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well guess who got there just after. Me, Ruben and Scott, heading to Wing's Army, which is right next to the Sushi bar on the 3rd floor. Lots of heavily armed and masked military and a crime scene truck. Just like CSI. We could not find out any real details other than they have two new hotties working at Lemon.

There you go.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  6. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is how it starts. You start having sicarios hitting in public, balaceras between Marineros and sicarios in popular areas, halcones everywhere you look and then hangings from bridges and narcomantas. This has been the pattern in 2 other tourist destinations, Mazatlan and Acapulco. Veracruz is still in the sicario hits (with tourists caught and dying from grenades and bullets) and balacera stage and I can only hope they can stop it there.

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could you translate this Kathy.
    narcomantas =

I think I found the others
    sicarios = hitmen
    balaceras = shootings
    Marineros = Mariners
    halcones = Hawks

8. d5332

d5332 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Narco is drug related criminal
    Manta is blanket

the two combined refer to when the killing comes with a message. The blanket they leave behind and or wrap the victim in.....its the signature or message

9. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    narcomantas are usually written on sheets or large pieces of cloth and hung from prominent areas with a message from the cartel. marineros are the Army and Marines who usually get in shootouts (balaceras) with the sicarios (guys who do the killing for cartels). I got lazy and used "marineros" but Army is out there too. Halcones are guys who watch stuff. they are usually standing on the street with a radio and are the eyes of the cartel. Sicaros are as young as 11 and old as whatever. Girls as well as boys. Lots of halcones are taxistas and bus drivers also.

With constant rumores flying that El Chapo is in Veracruz it will be interesting to see if things start heating up in Cancun.

10. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from a lovely lunch at La Cantinita. Plaza Solare looks like business as usual, except Zen Sushi had "clausurado" signs on the doors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice