Another Indian - Vindaloo Lovers Can Still Hope

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Nov 23, 2008.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    According to the sign, Elefanta, a new Indian restaurant, is coming to La Isla Mall. The location is next to the Thai restaurant and behind the McDonald's. Let's hope the Thai influence rubs off and not Mickey D's. Of course we have to deal with the definition of "soon" :D

Please excuse the crappy cellphone telephoto shot:
    [​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Ooh! that does sound interesting, hopefully if it's at La Isla it will be good quality.

Had a not so good experience at Taste of India yesterday. We phoned up and asked if they were doing the buffet which they advertise for a Saturday, they said they were. I wanted to go on a buffet day so I could try things I liked the look of that I might not know of from the a la carte. So we arrive and there is no buffet, and no one knows anything about our phone call.

We were the only people in the place and they must have a new waitress who didnt have much clue. She gave us the huge menu and just waited right next to the table for what seemed like ages until we told her to come back in 5 minutes. They bring out these dips, a tamarind one and a minty spicey one but there's nothing to dip them with... except your fingers! I had a Chicken Madras and for the second time out of 3 it was all chicken thigh meat, no breast meat at all. Sauce was pretty good though. Jannet had Lamb Korma and it was mostly bone. Dani had spring rolls, we asked if they were spicey and was told they weren't, but they had chili and big pieces of ginger in them. The waitress and head waiter were back and forth to our table every 2 minutes rearranging plates and ordering kinives and forks, asking if everything was Ok etc, wasnt very relaxing at all - felt like you were being constantly watched.

Will definitely give this new place a try, keep us updated we dont go out that way very often.

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Ahhhhhhhh
    we tried Taste of India and I have to say the Madras was nothing like a Madras and Ged also had lamb which was Bone and gristle.Not a great experience and doubt if we will return.
    Lets hope for La Isla to produce something better.
    Tracey
    x

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Funny you should ask. We were there a couple of days ago for our visiting granddaughter's daily bunjee jump session. There were welders inside securing the columns holding up the roof and various counters and banquettes seemed to be awaiting installation. But in terms of readiness, this is, after all, Mexico, the land of infinite patience.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Mix,

A long time ago I was told that (I cannot figure how to make my new laptop do spanish characters; Shift Left Alt isn't doing it) manana does not mean tomorrow, it just means "not today."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice