another ? about the resturants....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by leeleent, Feb 6, 2009.

1. leeleent

leeleent Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't remember how it was the last time we were there, but was wondering about making reservations for the resturants. we will only be there 5 nights, will we be able to go to each resturant each night or is it certain nights according to how long we'll be there?? i know we have to make reservations, don't we? I don't know why we didn't go to any of them last time, but we didn't. how do they compare and which do you suggest?
    Thanks

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    this is the gods honest truth about the reservation debacle....100%

i wish i knew what to tell you - but here is what i do know - the first morning we were there - we woke up at some ungodly hour like 10:00 a.m. or so.........to go make reservations - and there was a 23.75 mile long line to make those reservations - and i dont wait on jack #$%^ -

thats where my little miracle worker - tequila ken ( a good friend of ours) steps into the picture with remedy a1a :cool: )

when i explained to tequila ken my issues with the whole reservation process (he understands that i will not even work or take a real job - because i hate sitting in traffic and i break out into a hideous rash and get all nauseous and crap waiting in lines) he said "rob you have no worries you and tonya will eating wherever you want while you are here

soooooooo with that said......

tequila ken suggested that we eat at the italian rest. that evening and on our first night and he suggested the carpaccio - and since it was so good - we ate at the italian rest every single night with tequila ken and friends

i mean im on vacation - - - aint got time to read no 24 page manual about how to make a freakin dinner reservation....hell, i can barely figure out how to text on my cell phone or cut on my tv..........so my suggestion is to get you one of those tequila kens - having a tequila ken just makes your vacation so much easier

rob

3. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
  4. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Re: Tequila

lmao - without you jim.......and tequila ken what would become of our precious lil world?

R :wink: B

5. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    i swear jim............it is the funniest thing i have ever seen - watching people sit down in line at margaritas to make a reservation for dinner - amazing - if you did not know what they were doing - you could almost swear they were being forced into having to wait their turn to buy funeral insurance for a long lost third cousin

rob

6. backs13

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Reservations

ha ha ya made me damn near spit my coffee out with that one ... Yeah I am with ya on that line thing, I cant do it either, we usually treat it like a pack of lions, find the weak one in our group and make them wait in line lol... Ive lost many a good buzzes waiting in that line ...
    that line is like the 3am beer piss after your already in bed, you know you have to do, but your bitching the entire time your doing it. :shock:

7. leeleent

leeleent Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG, I didn't realize the lines are so long. we don't like wasting our vacation time either to wait in long lines. maybe that's the reason we didn't get those reservations the last time we were there.

So if I find tequila ken, I'll tell him Rob sent us and we should be well taken care of......right?? LOL

8. davp22

davp22 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow... I don't recall ever having to stand in line to make a reservation. Maybe we just got lucky.

As far as I recall, one restaraunt was open a night, and it depended on how many nights you stayed on how many places you could eat.

9. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a'LA CARTE seven days in a row!

We did not eat at the buffet for dinner even once. We went to the a’la carte restaurants EVERY NIGHT! We did not have reservations the first two nights however we were accommodated and got a table quite quickly. We did have reservations for each of the other five nights. Getting reservations was not difficult but you can’t always get your first choice of days and times. Having said that, if you are willing to compromise a little you can certainly get a reservation but I recommend booking all of your reservations at one time. You can book up to four days in a row but they only take reservations up to four days in advance so you will likely have to show up to reserve twice.

Eat at Il Piacere for sure!

10. backs13

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Re: a'LA CARTE seven days in a row!

So Was I right Gutch, about the food and everything lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice