Anonymous Poll: Will you be returning to Temptations?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 11, 2008.

?

Repeaters: Will you return to Temptations?

1. Yes

99.1%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'll Wait and See

0.9%
  1. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we were there in may there was a chick that had to be on something that was all over 2 other chicks and a guy in the whirlpool, security had to get on to them several different times. They did not actually stop until several security guys stood at the pool. I must admit it was quite the show.

2. LouandAlice

LouandAlice Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    back to Temptation

Hola everyone
    We have been going to BBG now Temptation, since 1997. We have seen the entertainment staff come & go a few times and many changes. However, Chino, Lalos really made it like home. As others are saying, we will wait & see. We have made good friends that we met there, lincluding our former sales person Claudia. We like the hotel and its staff so we will hopefully continue to do our yearly visit.

Alice :cool:

3. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Chinos, Lalo and Omar were like the "superstars" of BBG/Temptation Resorts and I will truly miss them. I looked forward to finding them as soon as I arrived at the resort. They were my crew and we were La Familia. I cherish many fond memories with these guys. But I cant forget about the Ms T and the "supporting staff". The other activities people, the bartenders, the waiters and my favorite maid who gives me a hug and kiss every morning rather I am staying in her area or not. Yes,yes yes I will be returning back.

4. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We have to agree with Jamie that the atmoshpere is created by those that set the tone for the rest of the gang. We have been on this board since we first went to 'Blue Bay Getaway" 7 years ago and what drew us to the board and resort was the constant raves about Enrigue, Chinos, Lalo and later Omar. Yes, we have met great people and friends every year but I think we overlook the fun, open atmosphere that was started every morning. Chinos, more than any other has the unique gift of making every person there feel special in there own way. Regardless of who you are, how big of a group you were or how long you were there you we're part of the family; we still have the T shirts that say that!
    We are sure we will all return and have a great time as the day goes on and the bars stay busy; but we believe the resort will be hard pressed to replace Chinos. Lalo and Omar. We think in all of the posts about the fun that has been had we are forgetting about how the atmoshpere was created to get it going and allow it to continue with or without a staff member around. Without Chinos pushing the envelope it would have been quite a bit quieter for all of us.
    We too will consider returning as we hear of the status of the changes and if we do go we are sure we will have great time; but it just won't be the same without them!!

5. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just finished talking to Dave and Rosa and they were there for the changeover and had the best trip ever. I think that if you go there prepared to be disappointed because of the change of staff, then you will be. If you go prepared to have the best vacation ever and meet wonderful people then you will.

The people I have met are what makes me want to go back and to me are like the cake. The entertainment staff make it a lot of fun to see our wonderful friends doing crazy things and having a ball and to me are like the icing on the cake. IMHO.

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Hello Kathy and Gary... Hello!! :D

7. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well said Kathy, it was great talking with you today!!!

8. DougEfresh

DougEfresh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just got back from a week(Sept 13-20) at Temptation and will absolutely go back! The changes for the most part are for the better.
    What I liked:

The new Paddy'O bar is lively all night long even after people go out to the clubs.

The Tex-Mex Margaritas is open after 1am, til around 5am serving burgers and dogs and most importantly alcohol! I always hated it when the last bar closed at 1am.

Nice Shoes was OK for the nightly contests cuz it's smaller and more intimate than the old Nice Shoes.

Skinny dipping in the ocean was not stopped by security like my last 2 trips! woo hoo!

Glass instead of plastic at most of the bars was a much needed improvement.

Things I didn't like or still need improvement:

Signing up for the restaurants is lame. It should be first come first served.

The towels should be unaccounted for and not cost $25 every time you lose one. I doubt they leave the resort, I just think people get hammered and pick up any towel they see and use it. Do people really steal them? Maybe I'm wrong on this one...

They need to let people play frisbee in the sexy pool. It used to be allowed, and it was hella fun to get a bunch of strangers together playing a simple game. Now the security is saying NO! I might be wrong on this one too, but people always have a blast doing it.

Chinos not being there was a disapointment. The games are fun(especially if you've never seen them before), but they are no where near as fun and crazy as when Chinos was running the show. Aisha is great, but she's gone soon. The new girls(Happy and Joy) are OK for helping. Charlie is just OK, nothing special. Mario is the best one on the microphone if that tells you anything. They need Chinos back, or another live-wire to get the crowd participating. I was there on a great week, when the guests were young and fun and friendly, so the cast didn't have any trouble doing their job, but if you go there and the crowd is dead, than they will have a problem. If you are in love with Lalo, he came to take out the guests at night a few times, but he's looking to get a job somewhere else soon....

There ya go, recent info and opinions:)
    DougEfresh

9. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well I agree that it is what you make of it. Remember there is always a chance that ownership wants the resort to go in a new direction and if you don't believe they will just look at the history.
    While Chinos gets credit for making it famous don't forget what happened to Steve and his group with premier nites. If repeaters were truly important to ownership nobody has done more for making repeater life more famous than our gracious web host.
    Look next at what has happened to the timeshare people and how they are getting screwed over. Again if repeater go wild people were important this also would never have happened.
    TTR and there management may well be searching for a new niche to work in and the resort atmosphere that we are used to may not belong in that niche.
    There are other resorts inother areas to consider if the TTR gets too far away from it's roots.

10. seriouslysillygirl54

seriouslysillygirl54 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well we will be returning......my third time.....his fifth or sixth time......and it is about the people you meet.......yes a few minutes out of the day the entainment staff will get you going for a few......but if you really look around fun has been happening without them.....so count me in unless everyone leaves then the party will pick up at another place......with or without an entertainment staff...........I have been to Cancun too many times to count and been to several of the resorts......main complaint....kids running around while drunk parents expect everyone to watch them.....if I wanted to watch kids I would have stayed home.....so adult fun that is not too over the top seems to be in order for this gal and her guy! Plus I met the guy at BBG now TTR so what is not to like about the place...... :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice