ANIMAL RIGHTS WALK

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Apr 16, 2009.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Well done everyone that has bought about this change for poor little Camilla.
    The revolting excuse of a man that owned her and beat her is obviously unwell and will probably do this again and again.Like someone stated he really doesn't see that his actions are wrong.

I hope Camilla finds a patient and loving home today .

Tracey
    x

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Perrera (the dog pound) will not allow RAP to take Camila because RAP is a shelter. They are insisting Camila go to a final adoptive home at this point.

I understand that the adoptive family needs to fill out an application and the perrera is supposed to pick the best home for Camila.

Perrera Municipal
    Av Nichupte Region 99 Mz. 70 lote 1B
    tel 892-3326

As sad as Camila's case is it is only one of many and frankly it's not one of the worst. A vet I know recently was asked to do surgery on a dog that was injured because she was raped by her owner. Maria Alicia regularly finds dogs in Bonfil that have been hacked with a machete, sometimes she can save them. People here sometimes run over stray animals on purpose. One dog that RAP rescued had been tied to a tree in the jungle and left to die, the mom was tired of the dog and told her kids to take it to the jungle and tie it to keep it from coming back. That dog was adopted and now lives in the US I think.

Anyway, back to Camila. It's important to find her a good home so please email all your friends and give them the background and the address of the Perrera. Let's find a home for her asap.

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG: What if someone gets chosen and then hands over Camila to RAP?

I somehow dont feel that the Perrera have neither time or resources to rehabilitate her properly...

Im also VERY pleased to just have watched the whole incident on TV Aztecas NATIONAL broadcast!! :lol:

There more attention this gets in the media, the higher the pressure becomes on the government.

The sad part is that apparently the man(well, sorry excuse for I should say..) only received a phone call kind of stating "Do not do this again"

Mexico now has a great opportunity to shake these dusty old law books.

We will continue to work with these issues.

I hope this media attention sends a least a little bit of warning to all the other idiots who doess this.

The pother cases you mentioned are horrible - I will never understand how a person who does these things function.

Im happy that they implemented very harsh penalties back home in Sweden for people abusing animals.

One man who let his two dogs(rottweiler and lab) run loose got a "Complete Pet Ban" after 2 incidents where the dogs bit 3 people.

The dogs were "re trained" and are now living in great homes - the man got a approx 40 000$US(5 years ago..) fine and got sentenced to 4 months in jail.

Once released, he got slammed with a Pet Ownership Ban! That ban covers ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, from insects to horses :)

RG, please keep us updated regarding Camila.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good News! After some ups and downs and bullishness on the part of the Perrera Camila has been adopted to a new home!!!

The Perrera wouldn't let RAP take her because RAP is a shelter and so not permanent enough. Then they didn't want her to be given up for adoption because they said the Bomberos needed her.

But finally today they gave in and Camila was adopted by a stable loving family who will be able to give her the intense one-on-one time she will need to recover from her abuse.

Thank you to everyone who got mad, who marched, who sent emails, it all made a difference and Camila has benefited. But remember that there are still other Camilas out there, we need to do what we can to help them too.

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YAAAAYYY!! :)

I sure hope the family is good.

I heard about the Perrera wanting to give it either to the Bomberos or "some other organization", because she is now "a symbol of Cancun"... Finally they came to their senses and released her into the right environment :)

Let us know when the next march, petition etc is taking place - I have MANY friends who would love to join :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice